IBM Advanced Linguistic Search Plug-in for Adobe V1.4.1 on Windows
This plug-in performs linguistic-based searches on Adobe PDF files that have been enabled with the IBM Advanced Linguistic Search Index, when running Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.
The IBM Advanced Linguistic Search Plug-in for Adobe may be used to perform advanced full text searches on Adobe PDF files that have been enabled with the IBM Advanced Linguistic Search Index. When installed as a plug-in to either the free Adobe Reader or the priced Adobe Acrobat application, it provides the following functions, over and above the existing search/find functions natively provided by Adobe:
1) Searches are linguistic in nature (i.e. morphologically based). For example, a search term of "old" will produce a results hitlist of all PDF topics in which any of the terms "old", "oldest", "older" or "elder" appear
2) Selecting any topic in the hitlist displays the topic with all occurrences of the search term and/or its linguistic derivations highlighted
3) The end user may specify whether topics in the hitlist should be listed in either sequential order, or in ranked (based on significance) order
4) The end user may specify whether the search scope should be topic titles, topic contents or both
5) The end user may specify whether search term matching should be exact with case sensitivity, exact without case sensitivity or fuzzy (i.e. morphological)
The IBM Advanced Linguistic Search Plug-in works either when Adobe Reader (or Adobe Acrobat) is itself running as a plug-in to a web browser, or is running in stand-alone mode. The former is typically the case when the Adobe Reader (or Adobe Acrobat) is launched by the Library Server for z/OS V1R7 (or later) product for a PDF in its Shelf Search Results List. The later is typically the case when the Adobe Reader (or Adobe Acrobat) is launched by the Softcopy Reader V3.6 (or higher) tool for a PDF in its Shelf Quick Search Results List. In either case, the Advanced Linguistic Search Plug-in is automatically launched to apply the search criteria on the selected PDF at the client machine.
Regardless of whether Adobe Reader (or Adobe Acrobat) is run stand-alone, or run as a browser plug-in, the Advanced Linguistic Search Plug-in may be launched by the end user to perform additional searches at the client machine via the Advanced Linguistic Search icon on the Adobe Reader (or Adobe Acrobat) toolbar, or via the Advanced Linguistic Search selection on the Adobe Edit Menu.
Adobe Reader V9.x or Adobe Acrobat V9.x running on Windows XP is required to run the IBM Advanced Linguistic Search Plug-in V1.4.1.
The IBM Advanced Linguistic Search Plug-in V1.4.1 package has been refreshed to resolve issues with Adobe Reader V9.3.3 and Adobe Acrobat V9.3.3, or greater. If when starting Adobe Reader or Acrobat, a message indicating "eflnl27w.dll was not found" is issued, or if Adobe Reader or Acrobat crashes after attempting to perform a search using the IBM Advanced Linguistic Search Plug-in for Adobe, download the updated version of IBM Advanced Linguistic Search Plug-in V1.4.1 from the download link below.
Once installed, the IBM Advanced Linguistic Search Plug-in for Adobe can be used to perform linguistic-based searches on Adobe PDFs that have been enabled with an IBM Advanced Linguistic Search Index. Such enabled PDFs are currently available:
- Via the "Manage Document Indexes" administrative function of IBM Library Server for z/OS V1R9 (or later)
- On the z/OS V1R9 (or later) Collection (SK3T-4269-19 or later), softcopy pubs CDs
- On the z/OS V1R9 (or later) and Software Products DVD Collection (SK3T-4271-19 or later),softcopy pubs DVDs
- On the z/VM Collection (SK2T-2067-24 or later), softcopy pubs CDs
- On the z/VM Collection on DVD (SK5T-7054-01 or later), softcopy pubs DVD
- On many of the IBM z/OS V1R9 (or later) and z/VM V5R3 (or later) pubs stored on the IBM Publib Server
For an example of how this works, launch the following sample Publib PDF document link and search for the term "elder" after clicking the new IBM Advanced Linguistic Search icon (magnifying glass icon immediately to the right of the binoculars icon on the Adobe toolbar): http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/download/CBCMG150.pdf)
- Windows® XP
- Adobe Reader 9.x or Adobe Acrobat 9.x
- 256MB of RAM
- 8MB free disk space is required to run the install program
1) Take the FTP link below to download installation file hclxinst.exe
for the "Advanced Linguistic Search Plug-in for Adobe"
2) After accepting the terms and conditions, select a drive and folder
on your system in which to download the file and click Save.
3) Click the Windows "Start" button.
The Start menu should appear.
4) Select the "Run" option.
The Run window should appear.
5) In the Run window, click "Browse". When the Browse
window opens, select the drive and folder you specified
in Step 2 to save the file, then highlight the
hclxinst.exe file and click Open. The correct path to the
hclxinst.exe file should be displayed in the Run window.
6) Click OK.
7) Follow the instructions in the Installation window.
8) During installation, you will be asked to select the Adobe
product(s) for which to install the plug-in.
9) When installation is complete, you can start using the IBM Advanced
Linguistic Search Plug-in for Adobe by launching a PDF in your Adobe
product and clicking the magnifying glass icon that appears on the
Adobe product's icon bar, immediately to the right of the binoculars icon.
Note that the plug-in functionality can only be fully exploited for PDFs
that have been enabled by the IBM PDF Indexer tool.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|IBM Adv. Linguistic Search Plug-in||14 Mar 2011||English||6108517||FTP|
|Release Notes||14 Mar 2011||English||20947||FTP|
More support for:
BookManager Product Family
Advanced Linguistic Search Plug-in
Software version: 1.4.1
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 4024554
Modified date: 2016-08-18