This document describes how to download and install IBM Rational Software Analyzer Version 7.1.
Some of the features and enhancements included in this release are:
- Integration with IBM Rational Team Concert: If you are using IBM Rational Team Concert, you can now extend it with IBM Rational Software Analyzer. This allows you to configure your project areas to include checks for Rational Software Analyzer rules whenever files are delivered to your team repository. When this setting is enabled, files can only be delivered to a workspace stream when they contain no configured Rational Software Analyzer rule violations. You can exploit other collaboration features such as the ability to create Rational Team Concert work items directly from Rational Software Analyzer results.
- C/C++ Analysis Rules: Version 7.1 builds on the C/C++ static analysis rules that were previously available to users of Rational Software Analyzer. In addition to C/C++ Code Review, new analysis providers offer analysis rules for C/C++ Architectural Discovery, C/C++ Data Flow, and C/C++ Metrics.
- AIX Support: Version 7.1 introduces support for running on the AIX Operating System.
- Improved accuracy when scanning code with build errors: In the case where the code being analyzed has build errors, accuracy has been significantly improved in this release.
Some of the fixes included in this release are:
- APAR PK81523: The Always provide a header block comment in each file Java Code Review rule now works as expected.
- APAR PK86194: The Possible failure to close a SQL Connection Java Data Flow Analysis rule now works as expected.
- APAR PK87089: The ImportedClasses folder in the project build path no longer causes Java Data Flow rules to fail.
- APAR PK87091: Running Java Data Flow rules against the entire workspace no longer misses issues detected when analyzing single projects.
- APAR PK90673: Double-clicking results for Java Code Review or C++ Code Review now causes the cursor to go to the correct location in the source file.
Detailed hardware and software requirements are listed at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27016074.
Installation instructions are available in the download package at IBM Passport Advantage.
These download packages are available IBM Passport Advantage:
- IBM Rational Software Analyzer Developer Edition V7.1 (Part Number CR96RML)
- IBM Rational Software Analyzer Enterprise Edition V7.1 (Part Number CR96SML)
- IBM Rational Software Analyzer Developer Edition V7.1 Trial (Part Number CR96TML)
- IBM Rational Software Analyzer Enterprise Edition V7.1 Trial (Part Number CR96UML)
To locate either package at IBM Passport Advantage, search for the part number.
PK81523, PK86194, PK87089, PK87091, PK90673
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|Security||Rational Software Analyzer Enterprise Edition||Installation||AIX, Linux, Windows||7.1||All Editions|
Problems (APARS) fixed