Use this SupportPac if you would like to integrate IBM Operational Decision Management (ODM) with IBM Business Process Manager
This SupportPac provides productivity plugins for IBM Integration Designer that accelerate the creation of SCA components that represent business decisions. It also provides a wizard to create a set of business decisions as ODM rule projects from a web service interface definition.
1. Combining process models and managed decision services using a standard approach.
2. Leverage decisions in BPM allowing advanced features such as CEI and Business Monitor.
3. Combine the BPM and DM life cycles and methodologies.
Skill Level Required
Knowledge of ODM, BPM, SOA concepts, XSD and WSDL.
New in this Release
• Support for IBM Operational Decision Manager 8.0.1.
• Support for IBM Business Process Manager 8.0.1, Integration Designer 8.0.1 and its associated WebSphere test/runtime environment.
Author: Xue Hui Liu, Da Zhu Tang, Wan Shun Zhang, Zheng Gang Chang, WebSphere ILOG, China
Last updated: 20Nov12
Current SupportPac Version: 2.1
»Please note that the version number shown in the right-hand pane is the version of the WebSphere Operational Decision Management product that this SupportPac applies to. The date is the last webpage refresh.
• IBM Operational Decision Manager 8.0.1.
• IBM Business Process Manager 8.0.1 (advanced) including IBM Integration Designer 8.0.1.
• JDK 1.6.
• WebSphere Operational Decision Management 7.5
• WebSphere Process Server 7 including WebSphere Integration Developer (WID) OR
• IBM Business Process Manager 7.5.1 (advanced) including IBM Integration Designer
• JDK 1.5
1. Unzip the distribution media into the ODM Home directory: ODM_HOME/SupportPacLA71v2.1.
2. Edit the ODM_HOME/SupportPacLA71v2.1/check-env.cmd to specify ODM_HOME, WAS_HOME, IID_HOME and PROFILE_NAME.
3. Double click ODM_HOME/SupportPacLA71v2.1/scripts/ConfigureODMdependencies.cmd to run the script to configure the dependencies.
4. Copy the update-site folder from ODM_HOME/SupportPacLA71v2.1 to your development machine.
5. Make sure that the Rule designer plugins are already installed into Integration designer as described in "Installing Rule Designer in IBM Eclipse-based products
6. Install the LA71 SupportPac plugins.
6a. Open IBM Integration Designer, Click Help>Install New Software...
6b. Click Add... Button to add the LA71 update site into IID Repository.
6c. Input Name as SupportPacLA71 and Location as the local LA71 update-site folder.
6d. Select the plugins to install and follow the installation instructions.
7. To support testing you need to Augment the Process Server or Process Center profile with the IBM Operational Decision Manager Decision Server rules template using WebSphere Profile Management Tool.
1. Install the Integration tooling: IBM Integration Designer.
2. Install the appropriate BPM Process Server test/runtime environment.
3. Install WODM 7.5.
4. Install the LA71 SupportPac [la71_1.7.exe].
5. Install the WODM runtime components into the BPM runtime/test environments.
|Technical Paper on Integration Concepts||US English||5004288|
|Technical Paper on Integration||US English||2945024|
|la71_1.7.2 Documentation||US English||8435259|
|la71_2.1 Documentation||US English||8103291|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|la71_1.7.2||20 Nov 2012||US English||30756644||HTTPS|
|la71_2.1||20 Nov 2012||US English||18917813||HTTPS|
Category 3 ODM SupportPacs are supplied under the standard terms and conditions provided by the International Program License Agreement (IPLA) and thus, carry program defect service for WebSphere ODM customers. Please read the IPLA and LI files that accompany the SupportPac, to ensure you understand the conditions under which the SupportPac is provided.
If you encounter what you believe to be a defect with the SupportPac, and you have a current license for an IBM ODM server product, you may request Program Services by reporting the problem via the same defect reporting channel you employ for the ODM server product(s) on which you are using the SupportPac. No proof of entitlement is required to use this SupportPac.
Service is available for version v1.7 of this SupportPac for as long as the WebSphere WODM v7.5 server product is supported by service.
Service is available for version v2.1 of this SupportPac for as long as the IBM ODM v8.0.1 server product is supported by service.
|Business Integration||WebSphere Process Server||SupportPac||Windows||7.0|
|Business Integration||IBM Business Process Manager Advanced||Not Applicable|
|Business Integration||IBM Business Process Manager Express|
|Business Integration||IBM Business Process Manager Standard|
Rule Execution Server
Rule Team Server
WebSphere Operational Decision Management
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.