Download the ISALite for InfoSphere Information Server tool
The tool provides automatic data collection, diagnostic testing, symptom analysis, and pre-requisite checking for IBM InfoSphere Information Server installations.
The IBM Support Assistant Lite for InfoSphere Information Server supports installations of:
- InfoSphere Information Server, Version 11.3.x through Version 11.7.x on
- AIX, Solaris, Linux (Red Hat, SUSE), Windows, and Linux for IBM System z platforms.
- InfoSphere Information Server, Version 8.5.x through Version 9.1.x on
- AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux (Red Hat, SUSE), Windows, and Linux for IBM System z platforms.
- Use Version S220.127.116.11 to support installations of InfoSphere Information Server Versions 11.3.x through 11.7.x on all platforms.
- Use Version S9.1.007.7 (also known as Version 7.7) to support installations of InfoSphere Information Server Versions 8.5.x through 9.1.x.
- Use Version S9.1.007.4z (also known as Version 7.4z) to support installations of InfoSphere Information Server Version 8.5.x through 9.1.x on zLinux systems (IBM System z platforms).
The tool benefits customers by:
- Providing diagnostic testing and health verifications of installations of any tiers of InfoSphere Information Server and its components
- Providing automatic gathering and collection of diagnostic data and log files and FTP to IBM Customer Support
- Graphically documenting the installation topology and highlighting communication channels
- Performing symptom analysis and log analysis to help streamline the problem determination process
- Validating the prerequisites of the installation
- Repairing or removing broken InfoSphere DataStage projects
IBM Support Assistant Lite collects data transparently. All collected data and HTML analysis reports are available in a .zip file local to your disk, for your inspection. Use the tool to automatically FTP the zip files to IBM Customer Support, if your IBM Customer Support representative requests further analysis and diagnostics.
Where to install and run the tool:
Install the tool on any of the tiers of InfoSphere Information Server (Engine, Services, Repository or Client). The tool analyzes and collects artifacts from the InfoSphere Information Server installation on the local machine where the tool is running. Not all tasks and functions of the tool can run on all the tiers.
Install the tool on a system without an installation of InfoSphere Information Server to ensure that your (local) computer meets the system requirements, before an installation.
Check the User's Guide document attached below for more details on the installation procedure.
You can run the tool in either GUI windows mode or in console mode, on either Windows or UNIX systems. You need a X-Windows installation in order to run the GUI windows mode in UNIX.
What's new in Version S18.104.22.168 (Release: 11-July-2019):
The following internal fixes and enhancements are included in version S22.214.171.124:
- 4661 ISALite HC: Add new DS test cases to report on dsrpcd PID and systems limits
- 5458 HC: ReportingAdmin test should fail if no Reporting Templates are found installed
- 5056 HC: report SuiteHealthChecker-Failures.html does not include Information Governance Catalog Health test results that have Failed/Warning
- 5051 HC Test on disk space should include URL to System requirements
- 5029 HC: SOS Test should verify if value of IIS registry key com.ibm.iis.sos.mode is correct
- 4961 HC: Test "Verify DB privileges of XMeta and XMETASR users" should report any missing privileges
- 4765 HC: Verify the C/C++ compiler used by PXEngine test fails but HC test still passes
- 4662 HC & SYS-SUM: add the 'df -i' output to verify Inodes usage in Linux & AIX
- 4586 HC: Some IS commands where password contains the '(' char fail for some HC tests
- 4454 HC: failed tests for DB access should indicate the xmeta user ID used by the test
- 4356 "Detect issues with DS projects" should document incorrect behavior of SyncProject
- 3966 XMeta HC: include the invocation of the AutoFix tool in ISALite and the FASTPASS logic
- 4371 runUGDiagnostics.sh: add the "kubectl top nodes" and "top pods" commands to the diagnostics
- 5383 Update use of ant-1.8.2.jar to ant-1.8.4.jar (ThirdParty jar changes found in [Security] oss scan)
- 4472 collector: include in the file listing <WAS profile>/classes and <WAS profile>/lib/iis directories (recursively)
- 4080 HC: test for IGC Duplicate Terms passes even when duplicate Rules are found
- 4015 HC: Test to display active sessions does not return correct value for 'check inactive sessions frequency'
- 4014 HC: WAS test to verify Security Protocols should display table of protocols supported
- 4013 HC: Test of connection to the QSSRDDB repository should include documentation URL
- 3968 HC: test for Java JVM HeapSize should indicate URL with instructions
- 3922 HC: new test to verify consistency of Apps/lib jars files with ones deployed in WAS
- 3869 HC: New test to verify possible presence of JAR backup files that could be possibly be used by loader
- 3936 HC: when certificate issues, command ReportingAdmin.sh/bat may hang the health checker
- 3407 HC: In windows, the disk space check miscalculates the used disk space %
- 3302 HC: new health check test case for Shared Open Source for activiti in 11.7.1
- 3088 HC: Compatibility issues with the older version of commons-lang3-3.1.jar present under ASBNode/lib/java
- 3303 PreReq: Update Suite.jar to 1171 level
- 4119 ISALite.swtag file should be copied to <IS_HOME>/iso-swid rather than ISHOME/properties
- 3711 ISALite payload contains a dummy.txt file in root - remove
- 3367 doc: update ISALite User Guide PDF to 11.7.1 level
The following internal fixes and enhancements are included in version S126.96.36.199:
- 277434 PR: Update Prereq checker suite.jar to 188.8.131.52 level
- 275755 HC: When Repository Tier is not installed locally, all Repository tests are skipped unnecessarily
- 277426 HC: UG Test cases should document invocation of Kibana UI
- 276152 HC: Document further the 2 Trusted Login test cases in HC (ISF vs DS) as they are different
- 277386 HC: new test in Shared Open Source group to Verify the "activiti" REST API installation
- 277215 HC: DFD-Jetty Server test could return error in Windows due to long procID information
- 276723 HC: available disk space test returns unexpected exception on Linux system
- 276628 HC: test "Verify the Information Server agent" could show customer properties with password
- 276963 HC: test of DS files should consider the Instance tag (itag) when multiple versions of DS installed
Functionality of the tool (Version S184.108.40.206):
There are 22 menu options in the ISALite for Information Server tool menu, divided in 6 sub-menus.
Refer to the Functionality of the tool below for general details on the tasks, or check the User's Guide for version S220.127.116.11 attached below.
Note that the tool for zLinux platforms (version 7.7) has a reduced set of menu items and functionality. Check the User's Guide for zLinux document attached below for more details on the functionality available on that platform. Previous versions of the tool available for download may also offer slightly different menu items and functionality.
Common Functionality of the tool:
Depending on the diagnostic activity you need to do, invoke one or more of the options, as follows:
- Data Collection Options (Main menu): the top of the main menu has links to the recommended and most used tasks: the General Diagnostic Health Checker, the Information Server Collector, and the DataStage Job Logs Collector.
The General Diagnostic Health Checker is the most comprehensive tool as it performs about 90 tests and verifications across all the tiers and Information Server components found on the local system. Run the General Diagnostic Health Checker in any situation, primarily on the Services and Engine tier machines, as it gives you a snapshot of the current health of the system.
The InfoSphere Information Server Collector is comprehensive, and collects all Information Server logs and support files, including all the important WebSphere Application Server log and configuration files.
The InfoSphere DataStage Job Logs Collector gathers debugging data, logs, FFDC logs, and additional information useful to debug DataStage jobs runs and environment.
- Additional Collectors: the collection tasks do not perform any diagnostic tests, they only collect files, log events, and configuration data. Use the collectors when you have a problem you need to debug and you need the support of log files and configuration data to debug the situation. If you know the problem is within a specific component (DB2, SAP, etc.) you may want to run that specific collector.
If you have a clustered installation of IBM WebSphere Application Server, you can use the Collection of remote cluster nodes options to collect artifacts and logs when running the ISALite for InfoSphere Information Server tool on a machine hosting the remote cluster node.
Note: the Basic System Summary report is created and included by any of the ISALite menu options, so you do not need to run the System Summary by itself if you already run some other ISA Lite task, as all the other tasks already include that report. The System Summary does not perform any diagnostic tests. It only reports what it finds installed.
- Additional Diagnostic Tools: use the diagnostic tools to find out about the health of the system or a specific InfoSphere Information Server component. They perform tests and configuration verifications, and report issues found. No log files or log events are collected by the diagnostic tools. Use the Collectors to gather those.
- System Requirements: Provides the invocation of the prerequisite checkers. Invoke these tools before an installation of InfoSphere Information Server (11.3, 11.5, 11.7), or before an upgrade of Information Server 11.3 to 11.5 or 11.7, to ensure that your (local) computer meets the system requirements. You can select the tiers and Information Server components to verify for prerequisites.
Note: these prerequisite checkers are the same tools invoked by the InfoSphere Information Server Installer, Versions 11.5 or 11.7.
- Utilities: This utility lets you view issues and attempts to repair a corrupt DataStage project.
- Help: Includes quick links to the About-Box and Help contents for the tool
Use the tool in different situations:
- Prior to a fresh installation:
- Analyze system requirement using the Pre-requisite checkers under the System Requirements menu
- For problem determination:
- Use the General Diagnostics Health Checker and other health checkers tools under the top menu and Additional Diagnostic Tools menu
- For analysis: collect and gather log files, log events and data, using the Collectors
- Analyze log files using the Symptom Analysis tools
- Prior to migrating from InfoSphere Information Server:
- Verify the installation using the General Diagnostic Health Checker under the main menu.
- Run other health checkers under the Additional Diagnostic Tools menu for specific InfoSphere Information Server components, if you have issues with those components.
- Invoke the Collectors if you have issues to resolve and you need logs and other data for analysis
- Prior to and after an append or a patch installation, or after a fresh installation:
- Verify the installation using the General Diagnostic Health Checker under the main menu.
Note: An alternative to the automated data collection is a manual method which utilizes a MustGather document. Please refer to the following document for details on gathering this same data manually. http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=14&uid=swg21383312
Please contact your IBM Support representative for any assistance required.
The User's Guide is included in the download package (under the ISALite\doc folder) and is also included here for convenience.
- User's Guide (version S18.104.22.168 for IS 11.3-IS 11.7): UserGuide.pdf (All platforms)
- User's Guide (version S9.1.007.7 for IS 8.5-IS 9.1): (Windows and UNIX platforms)
- User's Guide for zLinux platforms for IS 8.5-IS 9.1: (zLinux platform only)
- InfoSphere Information Server: Versions 8.5.x through Version 11.7.x.
- Operating systems: AIX, Solaris, Linux (RedHat and Suse), HP-UX, Windows, and Linux on IBM System z platform, where the InfoSphere Information Server product is supported.
- Collectors and prerequisite checkers support DB2 and Oracle databases only.
This is a complete replacement for previously installed versions of the tool.
Consult the User's Guide for information on how to verify the version currently installed, replace an older version, or download and install a new version and getting started and using the tool.
Note: You must have an IBM ID and password to download the packages. Register here if you do not have an IBM ID and password. Click the following link to go to the ISA Home Page. http://www.ibm.com/software/support/isa.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE||Download Options|
|ISALite for InfoServer v. 11.3 - 11.7||02 Jul 2019||English||29625763 B||HTTPS|
|ISALite 7.7 for InfoServer v. 8.5 - 9.1||15 Jan 2016||English||36780697||HTTPS|
|ISALite 7.4z for InfoServer v. 8.1 - 9.1: zLinux||28 Mar 2013||English||33101156||HTTPS|
|InfoSphere Business Glossary||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||22.214.171.124, 9.1, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 8.7, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 8.5, 11.3, 11.5, 22.214.171.124, 11.7.1, 126.96.36.199|
|InfoSphere FastTrack||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||11.3, 188.8.131.52, 8.5, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 8.7, 22.214.171.124, 9.1, 126.96.36.199, 11.7, 188.8.131.52|
|InfoSphere Information Analyzer||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||11.3, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 11.5, 8.5, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 8.7, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 9.1, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 11.7, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 11.7.1, 18.104.22.168|
|InfoSphere Information Services Director||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||22.214.171.124, 9.1, 126.96.36.199, 8.7, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 8.5, 11.3, 11.3.1, 11.5, 220.127.116.11, 11.7, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 11.7.1, 126.96.36.199|
|InfoSphere Metadata Workbench||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 9.1, 220.127.116.11, 8.7, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 8.5, 11.3, 11.7, 11.5, 188.8.131.52, 11.7.1, 184.108.40.206|
|InfoSphere QualityStage||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 9.1, 22.214.171.124, 8.7, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 8.5, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 11.3, 11.5, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 11.7, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 11.7.1, 220.127.116.11|
|InfoSphere Information Server||IBM InfoSphere Information Governance Dashboard||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 9.1, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 8.7, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 8.5, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 11.5, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 11.7, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 11.7.1, 126.96.36.199|
More support for:
InfoSphere Information Server
Software version: 8.5, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 8.7, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 9.1, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 11.3, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 11.5, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 11.7, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 11.7.1, 220.127.116.11
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 4022700
Modified date: 11 July 2019