Download the ISALite for InfoSphere Information Server tool
The tool provides automatic data collection, diagnostic testing, symptom analysis, and pre-requisite checking for IBM InfoSphere Information Server installations.
The IBM Support Assistant Lite for InfoSphere Information Server supports installations of:
- InfoSphere Information Server, Version 11.3.x through Version 11.5.x on
- InfoSphere Information Server, Version 8.0.1 Fix Pack 1 through Version 9.1.x on
- InfoSphere Information Server, Version 8.1 through Version 9.1.x on
- Use Version S188.8.131.52 to support installations of InfoSphere Information Server Versions 11.3.x through 11.5.x.
- Use Version S9.1.007.7 (also known as Version 7.7) to support installations of InfoSphere Information Server Versions 8.5.x through 9.1.x.
- Use Version S9.1.007.4 (also known as Version 7.4) to support installations of InfoSphere Information Server Versions 8.1.x.
- Use Version S8.7.007.2 (also known as Version 7.2) to support installations of InfoSphere Information Server Version 8.0.1 Fix Pack 1
- Use Version S9.1.007.4z (also known as Version 7.4z) to support installations of InfoSphere Information Server Version 8.1.x through 9.1.x on zLinux systems (IBM System z platforms).
The tool benefits customers by:
IBM Support Assistant Lite collects data transparently. All collected data and HTML analysis reports are available in a .zip file local to your disk, for your inspection. Use the tool to automatically FTP the zip files to IBM Customer Support, if your IBM Customer Support representative requests further analysis and diagnostics.
Where to install and run the tool:
Install the tool on any of the tiers of InfoSphere Information Server (Engine, Services, Repository or Client). The tool analyzes and collects artifacts from the InfoSphere Information Server installation on the local machine where the tool is running. Not all tasks and functions of the tool can run on all the tiers.
Install the tool on a system without an installation of InfoSphere Information Server to ensure that your (local) computer meets the system requirements, before an installation.
Check the User's Guide document attached below for more details on the installation procedure.
You can run the tool in either GUI windows mode or in console mode, on either Windows or UNIX systems. You need a X-Windows installation in order to run the GUI windows mode in UNIX.
What's new in Version S184.108.40.206 (Release E: 31-Jan-2017):
The following APAR and internal fixes are included in version S220.127.116.11 Release E:
The following internal work item fixes are also included, as part of previous version S18.104.22.168-D:
What's new in Version S9.1.007.7 (Release B - 1/15/2016):
The following APAR and internal fixes are included in version S9.1.007.7 Release B:
- APAR JR54719 Upgrade Apache Common Collections libraries to Vers 3.2.2
Functionality of the tool (Version S22.214.171.124) :
There are 22 menu options in the ISALite for Information Server tool menu, divided in 6 sub-menus. Some tasks and the Symptom Analysis menu have been removed, compared to the previous S9.1.007.7 version, but functionality is retained by the other tasks, with some enhancements.
Refer to the Functionality of the tool (Version S9.1.007.7) below for general details on the tasks, or check the User's Guide for version S126.96.36.199 attached below.
Functionality of the tool (Version S9.1.007.7) :
There are 25 menu options in the ISALite for Information Server tool menu, divided in 7 sub-menus.
Common Functionality of the tool :
Depending on the diagnostic activity you need to do, invoke one or more of the options, as follows:
- Data Collection Options (Main menu): the top of the main menu has links to the recommended and most used tasks: the General Diagnostic Health Checker, the Information Server Collector, and the DataStage Job Logs Collector.
The General Diagnostic Health Checker is the most comprehensive tool as it performs about 90 tests and verifications across all the tiers and Information Server components found on the local system. Run the General Diagnostic Health Checker in any situation, primarily on the Services and Engine tier machines, as it gives you a snapshot of the current health of the system.
The InfoSphere Information Server Collector is comprehensive, and collects all Information Server logs and support files, including all the important WebSphere Application Server log and configuration files.
The InfoSphere DataStage Job Logs Collector gathers debugging data, logs, FFDC logs, and additional information useful to debug DataStage jobs runs and environment.
- Additional Collectors: the collection tasks do not perform any diagnostic tests, they only collect files, log events, and configuration data. Use the collectors when you have a problem you need to debug and you need the support of log files and configuration data to debug the situation. If you know the problem is within a specific component (DB2, SAP, etc.) you may want to run that specific collector.
If you have a clustered installation of IBM WebSphere Application Server, you can use the Collection of remote cluster nodes options to collect artifacts and logs when running the ISALite for InfoSphere Information Server tool on a machine hosting the remote cluster node.
Note: the Basic System Summary report is created and included by any of the ISALite menu options, so you do not need to run the System Summary by itself if you already run some other ISA Lite task, as all the other tasks already include that report. The System Summary does not perform any diagnostic tests. It only reports what it finds installed.
- Additional Diagnostic Tools: use the diagnostic tools to find out about the health of the system or a specific InfoSphere Information Server component. They perform tests and configuration verifications, and report issues found. No log files or log events are collected by the diagnostic tools. Use the Collectors to gather those.
- Symptom Analysis: Provides the possibility to analyze logs from the WebSphere and Information Server installation and reports known errors and issues that may have occurred. A second option allows you to specify and provide a log file from an InfoSphere DataStage Job run, which is analyzed for errors. Known symptoms are reported with indications and links to documents that help fix the problem
- System Requirements: Provides the invocation of the prerequisite checkers. Invoke these tools before an installation of InfoSphere Information Server (8.5, 8.7, 9.1), or before an upgrade of Information Server 8.7 to 9.1, to ensure that your (local) computer meets the system requirements. You can select the tiers and Information Server components to verify for prerequisites.
Note: these prerequisite checkers are the same tools invoked by the InfoSphere Information Server Installers, Versions 8.5 through 9.1.
- Utilities: This utility lets you view issues and attempts to repair a corrupt DataStage project.
- Help: Includes quick links to the About-Box and Help contents for the tool
Use the tool in different situations:
- Prior to a fresh installation:
- Analyze system requirement using the Pre-requisite checkers under the System Requirements menu
- Analyze system requirement using the Pre-requisite checkers under the System Requirements menu
- For problem determination:
- Use the General Diagnostics Health Checker and other health checkers tools under the top menu and Additional Diagnostic Tools menu
- For analysis: collect and gather log files, log events and data, using the Collectors
- Analyze log files using the Symptom Analysis tools
- Prior to migrating from InfoSphere Information Server:
- Run other health checkers under the Additional Diagnostic Tools menu for specific InfoSphere Information Server components, if you have issues with those components.
- Invoke the Collectors if you have issues to resolve and you need logs and other data for analysis
- Prior to and after an append or a patch installation, or after a fresh installation:
Note: An alternative to the automated data collection is a manual method which utilizes a MustGather document. Please refer to the following document for details on gathering this same data manually. http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=14&uid=swg21383312
Please contact your IBM Support representative for any assistance required.
User's Guide :
The User's Guide is included in the download package (under the ISALite\doc folder) and is also included here for convenience.
- User's Guide (version S188.8.131.52): UserGuide.pdf (Windows and UNIX platforms)
- User's Guide (version S9.1.007.7): UserGuide.pdf (Windows and UNIX platforms)
- User's Guide for zLinux platforms: UserGuide.pdf (zLinux platform only)
- InfoSphere Information Server: Versions 8.0.1 Fix Pack 1 through Version 11.5.x.
- Operating systems: AIX, Solaris, Linux (RedHat and Suse), HP-UX, Windows, and Linux on IBM System z platform, where the InfoSphere Information Server product is supported.
This is a complete replacement for previously installed versions of the tool. Consult the User's Guide for information on how to verify the version currently installed, replace an older version, or download and install a new version and getting started and using the tool.
Note: You must have an IBM ID and password to download the packages. Register here if you do not have an IBM ID and password. Click the following link to go to the ISA Home Page. http://www.ibm.com/software/support/isa.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|ISALite 11 for InfoServer v. 11.3 - 11.5||31 Jan 2017||English||25605057||HTTPS|
|ISALite 7.7 for InfoServer v. 8.5 - 9.1||15 Jan 2016||English||36780697||HTTPS|
|ISALite 7.4 for InfoServer v. 8.1||1 Feb 2013||English||33379769||HTTPS|
|ISALite 7.2 for InfoServer v. 8.0.1 FP1||22 Feb 2012||English||27523955||HTTPS|
|ISALite 7.4z for InfoServer v. 8.1 - 9.1: zLinux||28 Mar 2013||English||33101156||HTTPS|
|Information Management||InfoSphere Information Server||184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 9.1, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 8.7, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 8.5, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 8.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 11.5, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 11.3|
|Information Management||InfoSphere DataStage||126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 9.1, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 8.7, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 8.5, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 8.1, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 11.5, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 11.3, 220.127.116.11|
|Information Management||InfoSphere Business Glossary||18.104.22.168, 9.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 8.7, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 8.5, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 8.1.2, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 8.1.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 8.1, 188.8.131.52, 11.3|
|Information Management||InfoSphere FastTrack||11.3, 184.108.40.206, 8.0.1, 8.1, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 8.1.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 8.1.2, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 8.5, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 8.7, 220.127.116.11, 9.1, 18.104.22.168|
|Information Management||InfoSphere Information Analyzer||11.3, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 11.5, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 8.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 8.1.1, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 8.1.2, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 8.5, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 8.7, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 9.1, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11|
|Information Management||InfoSphere Information Services Director||18.104.22.168, 9.1, 22.214.171.124, 8.7, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 8.5, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 8.1, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 11.3, 11.3.1|
|Information Management||InfoSphere Metadata Workbench||188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 9.1, 220.127.116.11, 8.7, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 8.5, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 8.1.2, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 8.1.1, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 8.1, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 11.3|
|Information Management||InfoSphere QualityStage||188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 9.1, 220.127.116.11, 8.7, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 8.5, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 8.1, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 11.3, 10.5, 11.5, 184.108.40.206|
More support for:
InfoSphere Information Server
Software version: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 8.1, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 8.5, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 8.7, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 9.1, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 11.3, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 11.5, 126.96.36.199
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 4022700
Modified date: 31 January 2017