SupportPac CA1Q provides sample COBOL and Assembler Field Build Exit (FBE) and Insert Replace Delete (IRD) exits for CICS VSAM Transparency for z/OS.
SupportPac CA1Y was updated on 6 February 2014. See New in this release (V1.2) and upgrade to this new release if you would like to take advantage of the latest updates.
CICS VSAM Transparency for z/OS (CICS VT) enables the migration of data from VSAM files to DB2 tables and ensures continued access to the data without modification to CICS or batch VSAM applications.
This SupportPac contains a number of FBE and IRD exits in COBOL and Assembler to help a CICS VT user to code efficient exits very quickly.
Prior to APAR PK72698, all CICS VT exits had to be written in Assembler and all previous samples were also provided in Assembler. With the addition of APAR PK72698 exits can now be coded in any LE/370 language. This SupportPac provides a new set of samples written in COBOL, representing an example of the extended language support now available within CICS VT.
Sample COBOL exits included in this SupportPac are:
- CJULGRG converts between JULIAN and DB2 date formats
- CNULLCL enables you to use nullable DB2 columns
- DATEFBE converts a user date field to a DB2 DATE column
- CTLRECF handles a VSAM file that has a control record
- MULTFBE and MULTIRD manage a VSAM file that is migrated to five DB2 tables
Sample Assembler exits included in this SupportPac are:
- NULLCOL is a user-parameter driven exit to enable DB2 null columns
- NULLCOLS is another exit for null columns where the user can hard code null values
- PACKC2F converts decimal data from DB2 to be converted to unsigned packed decimal
- JULGREG converts between Julian and DB2 date formats
- BIT2CHAR converts bit data to individual CHAR(1) columns in DB2
- PACDEC detects non packed data in the key and substitute with zero
The SupportPac allows CICS VT customers to use the provided sample exit programs to create their own programs for data re-engineering purposes.
Skill level required
An understanding of CICS VSAM Transparency and how to load and run exit programs.
New in this release (V1.2)
- Included a new zip file, for the 'multiple occurs' sample.
- Updated the Data Reengineering and Customization Guide.
- Updated the ReadMe text.
Authors: CICS VSAM Transparency development (Satish Tanna), IBM Hursley Park, UK
Last update: 20Feb15
Current Version: 1.2
To download the SupportPac:
1. Click on the FTP link below and save the compressed file to your local machine.
2. Extract the saved file to a temporary directory on your target machine. This will create the necessary installation files.
3. Follow the instructions in the included documentation to complete installation of this SupportPac.
|CA1Q Data Reengineering and Customization Guide||US English||407204|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|ca1q.zip||20 Feb 2015||US English||500760||HTTP|
SupportPacs in this category are available at no charge to all licensed users of the CICS family products on the platforms specified in the SupportPac description. These SupportPacs are provided "AS-IS" (under the terms and conditions of the IBM International License Agreement for Non-Warranted Programs and of the associated License Information and other documentation). The terms and conditions of this license DO NOT provide for any entitlement to defect correction.
To determine if you want to use this SupportPac, read the accompanying license file.
Other CICS SupportPacs
To view the complete portfolio of CICS SupportPacs, go to the CICS SupportPacs Home Page
CICSVT CICS VT CICS/VT