This document describes how to download and install IBM® Packaging Utility, Version 1.2.1
This fix pack includes new features, enhancements, and fixes to the following versions of IBM Packaging Utility:
This section describes the content of Packaging Utility, version 1.2.1.
For the most up-to-date information about working with Packaging Utility, visit the Documentation Information Center at: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/install/v1r2/index.jsp.
This version includes all fixes, enhancements, and new features from the following fix packs:
- Packaging Utility, Version 1.2.0
- Packaging Utility, Version 1.1.2
- Packaging Utility, Version 1.1.1
- Packaging Utility, Version 1.1
Refer to the section "Prerequisites" below in this document for hardware, software, and other requirements for installing this fix pack.
Installing this fix pack
Refer to the section "Installation instructions" below in this document for instructions on downloading and installing this fix pack.
Known problems are documented in the form of individual technotes in the Support knowledge base at: http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/support/. As problems are discovered and resolved, the knowledge base will be updated and maintained with any new information. By searching the knowledge base, you can quickly find workarounds or solutions to problems.
The following links launch customized queries of the live Support knowledge base:
Before you can install this fix pack, you must have IBM Installation Manager installed. For more information, refer to the Installation instructions below.
To download and install the fix pack, do one of the following:
If IBM Installation Manager is not currently installed, complete the following steps:
- Download the installer from the download URL in the table below:
- pu.offering.disk_win32.zip (on Windows®)
- pu.offering.disk_linux.zip (on Linux®)
- pu.offering.disk_solaris.zip (on Solaris)
- pu.offering.disk_aix.zip (on AIX)
If Installation Manager is installed, download the zip and extract into an appropriate directory. For example, choose to extract to C:\temp.
Add the fix pack's repository location in IBM Installation Manager:
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- On the Start page of Installation Manager, click File > Preferences, and then click Repositories. The Repositories page opens.
- On the Repositories page, click Add Repository.
- On the Add repository window, browse to and enter the file path to the disk_* directory. For example, enter C:\temp\disk_win32, select the diskTag.inf file, select Open, and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Preference page.
Installation of the fix pack will begin by clicking Install or Update .
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central (FC)?
What is DD?
IBM Rational Software Support provides you with technical assistance.
For contact information and guidelines or reference materials that you will need when you require support, read the IBM Software Support Handbook at: http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/guides/handbook.html
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you will need to describe your problem. When describing a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
- What software versions were you running when the problem occurred?
- Do you have logs, traces, or messages that are related to the problem?
- Can you reproduce the problem? If so, what steps do you take to reproduce it?
- Are you using a workaround for the problem? If so, be prepared to describe the workaround.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.