Installation instructions for SmartSuite release 9.8 fix pack 2 (9.8.2)
This document contains installation instructions for Lotus SmartSuite release 9.8 fix pack 2 (9.8.2) and links to obtain the fix pack in various languages.
This document contains instructions for installing Lotus SmartSuite® release 9.8 fix pack 2 (9.8.2) on a standalone computer or file server, and links to obtain the fix pack in various languages.
For more information, refer to Document #1251938, "SmartSuite release 9.8 fix pack 2 (9.8.2) ReadMe file" at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=899&uid=swg21251938.
Prior installation of SmartSuite release 9.8.
1. Close all SmartSuite applications. If you are installing on a file server, make sure that no network clients are using the SmartSuite applications.
2. Double-click the link below that corresponds to the language in which SmartSuite release 9.8. is installed and download the file to your machine:
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/lotus/fixes/SmartSuite/C82ETBP.exe (Brazilian Portuguese)
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/lotus/fixes/SmartSuite/C82ETIE.exe (International English)
3. Navigate to where you downloaded the file and double-click the .exe file.
4. If you are installing on a standalone computer, click Next in the SmartSuite Install Program (fix pack) dialog box. The install program will locate and display the path where the SmartSuite release 9.8 is installed.
5. If you are installing on a file server, select Install on a file server in the SmartSuite Install Program (fix pack) dialog box --> click Next. Specify a network location for the file server image of the product --> click Next.
NOTE: SmartSuite fix pack 2 does not require node installations. When you install the fix pack on the file server, the updated files are automatically available to the existing release 9.8 nodes.
6. Click Install to begin the installation.
The Install Program will display an error message and exit if it encounters an irregularity in the pre-existing installation or if SmartSuite release 9.8 is not installed. For more information about error conditions, refer to Document #1251938, "SmartSuite release 9.8 fix pack 2 (9.8.2) ReadMe file" at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=899&uid=swg21251938.
More support for:
Lotus End of Support Products
Lotus SmartSuite for Windows
Software version: 9.8, 9.8.1, 9.8.2
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 4014379
Modified date: 10 January 2008
Translate this page: