Update Installer for WebSphere Application Server V6.1 and V188.8.131.52 (onward)
You can use the Update Installer V184.108.40.206 to install maintenance and updates for both IBM® WebSphere® Application Server V6.1 and V220.127.116.11 onwards with some exceptions.
In order to enhance usability and provide a smaller tooling footprint, there is a new strategy for the Update Installer that eliminates the need to install multiple instances of the tool. A single instance of the V6.1 Update Installer can now apply maintenance to all WebSphere Application Server V6.1.0 (any fix level) and any newer maintenance from WebSphere Application Server V18.104.22.168 onward.
See the Supported platforms table for information on Update Installer V6.1 compatibility with WebSphere Application Server V6.0.2 platforms.
The Update Installer V22.214.171.124 has the following functionality:
- A GUI and a command-line Update Installer
- Installation and removal of individual and/or multiple code updates
- Logging, recovery features and prerequisite handling
- Compatibility with previous releases in certain cases
To install maintenance through a Graphical User Interface (GUI) or through a command line interface, follow the instructions that are included in the Installation instructions section of this document or in the Readme file, which is available in the install directory:
Supported platforms for Update Installer V6.1.0 (any fix level) and V6.0.2 (any fix level) release
The V6.1 Update Installer works with most V6.0.2 platforms except where noted in this table of V6.0.2 platforms. There are no changes to the supported platforms with the Update Installer shipped within the same version. For example, the V6.1 Update Installer will work with any supported platform with V6.1 release. Similarly, the V6.0.2 Update Installer will work with any supported platform with V6.0.2 release.
|Platform & Operating System||Update Installer 6.0.2||Update Installer 6.1.0|
|All supported Application Server V6.0.2 operating systems (except where noted below)||Available||Available for Application Server 126.96.36.199 and newer Fix Packs|
|AIX® 5.1||Available||Not available|
|HP-UX 11iv1||Available||Not available|
|Sun Solaris 8||Available||Not available|
|SuSE Linux® Enterprise Server 8||Available||Not available|
|Windows® Intel Itanium||Available||Not available|
|Linux Intel Itanium||Available||Not available|
Note: If the V6.1 Update Installer is not available for your application, then use the V6.0.2 Update Installer. You can download the V6.0.2 Update Installer from the V6.0.2 Support Site.
See the following link for WebSphere Application Server V6.0 Update Installer releases:
- Sep 15, 2008: Updated for launch of Update Installer V188.8.131.52.
- Jun 03, 2008: Updated with the document link to the tar.gz format for Update Installer V184.108.40.206 downloads.
- Jun 03, 2008: Updated for launch of Update Installer V220.127.116.11.
- May 14, 2008: Revised the document and Added a table about supported platforms
- Mar 10, 2008: Updated for launch of Update Installer V18.104.22.168.
- Nov 21, 2007: Updated for launch of Update Installer V22.214.171.124.
- Sep 07, 2007: Updated for launch of Update Installer V126.96.36.199.
- Jul 20, 2007: Updated to include Support for V188.8.131.52 onwards.
- Jun 15, 2007: Updated for Update Installer V184.108.40.206 release.
- Feb 19, 2007: Added download for Solaris 64-bit AMD Opteron/Intel.
- Feb 07, 2007: Updated for Fix Pack1 (220.127.116.11).
- Apr 13, 2007: Include Build level
- Feb 07, 2007: 18.104.22.168 Java SDK Cumulative Fix Published.
- Jun 19, 2006: Original draft published.
Before you begin: Note that only one copy of the Update Installer should be installed on your system for use with all Version 6.1 products.
- Ensure that you have stopped all WebSphere Application Server and related processes. The product to be updated must not be running while you apply maintenance.
- Download the most recent Update Installer package that matches your platform from the Download package section of this page.
- Extract the downloaded Update Installer package (ZIP file) to a temporary directory.
- Navigate to the UpdateInstaller subdirectory.
- Use the installation wizard to install the Update Installer by running the install or install.exe executable.
For more information refer to the instructions found in the WebSphere Application Server Information Center topic on Installing the Update Installer for WebSphere Software.
The Update Installer installation packages can be downloaded in the zip format by using FTP and DD links in the table below. To download the Update Installer installation packages in tar.gz format go to this Link.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is DD?
|AIX®||15/09/2008||US English||82871154||FTP DD|
|AIX® - 64 bit||15/09/2008||US English||83107175||FTP DD|
|HP-UX||09/15/2008||US English||80863022||FTP DD|
|HP-UX - 64-bit||09/15/2008||US English||93794456||FTP DD|
|Linux® for AMD/Intel||15/09/2008||US English||81045819||FTP DD|
|Linux® for AMD/Intel - 64-bit||15/09/2008||US English||82993985||FTP DD|
|Linux for i/pSeries®||09/15/2008||US English||87604664||FTP DD|
|Linux for i/pSeries® - 64-bit||15/09/2008||US English||87114261||FTP DD|
|Linux for zSeries®||09/15/2008||US English||83040523||FTP DD|
|Linux for zSeries® - 64-bit||09/15/2008||US English||83057176||FTP DD|
|Linux® United||15/09/2008||US English||80201384||FTP DD|
|i5/OS®||09/15/2008||US English||88659079||FTP DD|
|Solaris||09/15/2008||US English||79920716||FTP DD|
|Solaris - 64 - bit||09/15/2008||US English||89111268||FTP DD|
|Solaris 64-bit AMD/Intel||15/09/2008||US English||80874542||FTP DD|
|Windows®||09/15/2008||US English||92486372||FTP DD|
|Windows® 64-bit AMD/Intel||15/09/2008||US English||87368403||FTP DD|
1-800-IBM-SERV (U.S. Calls Only)
|Application Servers||Runtimes for Java Technology||Java SDK|
More support for:
WebSphere Application Server
Software version: 22.214.171.124, 6.1
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Software edition: Base, Express, Network Deployment
Reference #: 4012718
Modified date: 13 September 2008
Translate this page: