MA0W: WebSphere MQ API Trace
API trace utility provides trace function of MQ API calls exploiting API exit interface provided by WebSphere MQ. Detail of API calls can be verified as actual processing result.
This API trace utility provides trace function of MQ API calls, by exploiting the API exit interface provided by WebSphere MQ. Users can verify detail of MQ API calls as actual results without looking into program logic of MQ application programs.
Main functions provided by the utility are as follows.
• All parameter values passed by MQ applications just before API call execution can be traced completely.
• All parameter values just before returning to MQ applications right after API call execution can be traced completely including completion code and reason code.
• User can understand all trace data by referring to “WebSphere MQ Information Center” with basic knowledge about MQ.
• Time before API call, time after API call and process time of each API call are shown for each API call.
• Attribute values are parsed and shown in the format of easy view.
• Total call count of each API is shown as summary. Success count, warning count and fail count are also shown respectively.
• Multiple byte character set (MBCS) handling is considered for text output.
The following functions are also provided supplementary for better use of the utility.
• Trace data can be put to multiple files when data volume becomes large.
• File compression program can be invoked at the creation time of new trace file to reduce disk space usage.
• Operating environment, process name, and related process/thread information is shown as a part of context information.
• Options for file output operation can be customized for the optimization of file output process.
• Target queue name and process name to be traced can be specified to eliminate unnecessary data for minimizing output data and also for minimizing performance degradation.
Batch utility for adding parsed data and adding character image to graphic hexadecimal data is provided so that user does not need to rerun program after updating trace options.
It can be used for functional verification and problem determination of MQ application programs.
Skill Level Required
Application programming interface of WebSphere MQ with basic MQ skills.
New in this release
• Improved internal logic.
• Fixed program defects.
Author: Osamu Inoue, IBM Japan Ltd
Last updated: 22Nov12
Current Version: 5.2.1
»Please note that the version number shown in the right-hand pane is the version of the WebSphere MQ or WebSphere Message Broker product that this SupportPac applies to. The date is the last webpage refresh.
To view the complete portfolio of WebSphere MQ SupportPacs please visit the WebSphere MQ SupportPacs homepage.
One of the following versions of WebSphere MQ:
• WebSphere MQ V6.0
• WebSphere MQ V7.0
• WebSphere MQ V7.1
• WebSphere MQ V7.5
Supported operating environments:
• Solaris (SPARC, x86-64)
• HP-UX 11i (PA-RISC, IA-64)
• Windows 2000, XP (x86-32)
• Linux (x86-32, x86-64, PowerPC)
To install this SupportPac:
• Package is in ZIP file format.
• Installation instructions are specified in the PDF document in the package.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|ma0w.zip||22 Nov 2012||US English||19202239||HTTP|
Category 2 SupportPacs are provided in good faith and AS-IS. There is no warranty or further service implied or committed and any supplied sample code is not supported via IBM product service channels.
You may submit a question or offer feedback on the SupportPac but please be aware that a response is NOT guaranteed.
Please read the license file that accompanies the SupportPac to determine if you want to use it.
More support for:
Software version: 6.0, 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.1, 7.5
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 4010343
Modified date: 2012-11-22