What will the generated COBOL code look like?
This download contains 7 different sample programs, with two versions for each sample. One version contains code using CA Easytrieve Plus, and the other contains the COBOL code generated by the IBM Migration Utility (IMU). The download also contains a sample JCL file generated by the translator for one of the samples.
The following demo programs are included in this download:
- Sample program using Native SQL method.
- Sample program using SQL File method.
- Sample program using JOB INPUT SQL method.
- Sample program using sequential files and one report.
- A real production program with complex logic.
- Sample program with Easytrieve macros and copybook option.
- Sample JCL generated by the translator for above sample
- Easytrieve Macro (layout of input/output file).
The IMU translator generates COBOL, then compiles it and executes or links the compiled COBOL. Users can change the existing EZT Plus JCL/PROCS to run IMU.
For additional details please refer to the IBM Migration Utility Installation, User's Guide and Reference manual, Chapter 2 "Using Migration Utility".
IMU product documentation:
For more details about IMU and ordering information visit the IMU homepage:
Click on the word "FTP" in the table below to download this self-extracting zip file of sample code generated by the Migration Utility (see the readme.txt file after expanding for further information)
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|Code Samples||11/11/2009||US English||92998||FTP|
The Code Samples included here are provided by IBM as simple examples. These examples have not been thoroughly tested under all conditions. IBM, therefore, can not guarantee or imply reliability, serviceability, or function of these samples. All programs contained herein are provided to you "AS IS." The implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are expressly disclaimed.