The CICS JCA resource adapters are provided, in order to support connectivity from JEE application servers to CICS using the facilities of the CICS Transaction Gateway.
The latest service levels of the CICS Transaction Gateway (CICS TG) Java Enterprise Edition Connector Architecture (JCA) resource adapters for CICS TG versions 6.1, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 8.0, 8.1, and 9.0 are available for download for deployment into supported Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) application servers. These resource adapters can be used to provide JCA connectivity into CICS using the facilities of a licensed CICS TG installation, and are designed around the JCA specification as supported by JEE application servers such as WebSphere Application Server and Oracle Weblogic Server.
For compatibility reasons, connectivity from the CICS JCA resource adapters to a remote CICS TG is only supported, if the remote CICS TG is at the same or higher release level than the version of the JCA resource adapter. The version of the resource adapters is listed in the <resourceadapter-version> element in the ra.xml file, supplied with the resource adapter package.
For details of resource adapters compatible with a given JEE application server, refer to Supported Software for CICS Transaction Gateway products.
For details on the interoperability options for remote clients connecting to the CICS TG, refer to the following support article on CICS Transaction Gateway support for remote clients.
This package can be used to obtain the latest service levels of the CICS JCA resource adapters. It can also be used to obtain earlier resource adapter levels to support interoperability with specific JEE application servers.
Skill level required
It is recommended that a System Administrator install and configure this package.
New in this release:
- Legacy 22.214.171.124 RARs removed
- cicsepi.rar added for CICS TG Multiplatforms releases
- CICS TG for Multiplatforms V7.1 updated to V126.96.36.199 plus PM90912
CICS TG for z/OS V7.1 updated to UK97679
- CICS TG for Multiplatforms V7.2 updated to V188.8.131.52 plus PM90912
CICS TG for z/OS V7.2 updated to UK97968
- CICS TG for Multiplatforms V8.0 updated to V184.108.40.206 plus PM90912
CICS TG for z/OS 8.0 updated to UK97681
- CICS TG for Multiplatforms V8.1 updated to V220.127.116.11 plus PM90912
CICS TG for z/OS V8.1 updated to UK98130
- CICS TG for Multiplatforms V9.0 updated to V18.104.22.168 (PM90912 included in base V22.214.171.124)
- CICS TG for z/OS V9.0 updated to UI11855
New in previous releases:
For CICS TG for Multiplatforms:
- V8.1 cicseci.rar updated from V126.96.36.199 to V188.8.131.52
- V9.0 cicseci.rar updated from V9.0 GA to V184.108.40.206
- Includes CICS JCA resource adapters for releases V220.127.116.11, V18.104.22.168, V22.214.171.124, V126.96.36.199, V188.8.131.52, V184.108.40.206
For CICS TG for z/OS:
- V9.0 updated from V9.0 GA to PTF level UK94133
- V8.1 updated from UK82160 to PTF level UK94262
- V8.0 updated from UK82159 to PTF level UK94261
- V7.2 updated from UK82158 to PTF level UK92910
- Includes CICS JCA resource adapters for PTF levels V6.1 APAR PM24760 (PTF UK61432), V7.0 APAR PM22688 (PTF UK61553), V7.1 APAR PM22688 (PTF UK61554), V7.2 APAR PM69924 (PTF UK82158), V8.0 APAR PM73493 (PTF UK82159), V8.1 APAR PM73493 (PTF UK82160), V9.0 APAR BASE
- Includes CICS JCA resource adapters for PTF levels V7.2 (PTF level UK67114), V8.0 (PTF level UK68214)
- Added "legacy" directory containing V220.127.116.11 resource adapters, containing CICS TG for Multiplatforms V6.0.2 resource adapters at the last maintenance level, built to the JCA 1.5 standard and supporting JEE security.
For more details on how to utilize the JCA to integrate your JEE and CICS applications refer to the IBM whitepaper Integrating WebSphere Application Server and CICS using the JCA (G224-7218).
Author: Colin Alcock, CICS TG Development, Hursley
Last Updated: 05Dec13
Current Version: 4.0.5
A licensed installation of CICS Transaction Gateway at a supported version, and
a supported JEE Application Server.
Instructions on installing and configuring the JEE Resource Adapters can be found in the CICS Transaction Gateway Administration guides as part of the Configuration chapter.
|CICS Transaction Gateway Online Library||English||1|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|cc03.zip||05 Dec 2013||US English||96236002||HTTP|
This package is available at no charge to users of CICS products. It is supplied under the standard terms and conditions contained in the IBM International Program License Agreement (IPLA) and provide for defect correction, until a date when service is discontinued. Please read the license file that accompanies the package, to determine if you want to use it.
Other CICS SupportPacs
To view the complete portfolio of CICS SupportPacs, go to the CICS SupportPacs Home Page.
CICSTG CICS TG CICS Transaction Gateway JEE J2EE