The Update Installer is the tool used to install updates (Interim Fixes, Fix Packs and Refresh Packs) for IBM® WebSphere® software, including WebSphere Application Server V6.0.
The V6.1 Update Installer is backwards compatible with V220.127.116.11 releases in most cases. It is preferable to use the V6.1 Update Installer because a single instance of the V6.1 Update Installer can apply maintenance to all releases of V6.1 and any newer maintenance from V18.104.22.168 onward. This new strategy enhances usability and creates a smaller tooling footprint.
See the following table for information on V6.1 Update Installer compatibility with previous releases:
Supported platforms for Update Installer V6.1.0.x and V6.0.2.x release
|Platform & Operating System||Update Installer 6.0.2||Update Installer 6.1|
|All supported Application Server V6.0.2 operating systems (except where noted below)||Available||Backwards compatible with Application Server 22.214.171.124 and newer Fix Packs|
|AIX® 5.1||Available||Not available|
|HP-UX 11iv1||Available||Not available|
|Sun Solaris 8||Available||Not available|
|SuSE Linux® Enterprise Server 8||Available||Not available|
|Windows® Intel Itanium||Available||Not available|
|Linux Intel Itanium||Available||Not available|
Note: If the V6.1 Update Installer is available for your application, then use the V6.1 Update Installer. You can download the V6.1 Update Installer from the V6.1 Support Site.
The Update Installer V6.0 has the following functionality:
- A GUI Update Installer and a command-line Update Installer
- Installation and removal of individual and of multiple code updates
- Logging, as well as recovery features and prerequisite handling
- The Update Installer for V6.0.2 and V6.1.0 are compatible with previous releases in certain cases.
Directions for using the
updatecommand to perform installations through a GUI and using
update -silentto install through a command line are included in the referenced Readme file.
Support added for 64 bit Solaris platforms.
Starting in V126.96.36.199, Fix Packs are now available for the following additional platform:
- Solaris on x86 Intel EM64T/AMD - 64 bit
- Important: Before installing or uninstalling updates, ensure that all WebSphere Application Server and related processes have been stopped. The product to be updated must not be running prior to applying service.
- Terminology for fixes delivered by IBM has been updated. For details, see:
Update Strategy for WebSphere Application Server V6.0.
- Note The V6.0 Update Installer is for WebSphere Application Server V6.0 releases only.
- May 14 2008: Revised the document and Added a table about supported platforms.
- 30 Oct 2007: Added a note on Update Installer requirements starting with Fix Pack 188.8.131.52
- 14 Aug 2006: Updated to Version 7 for Fix Pack 13, V184.108.40.206 for Multi-Platforms
- 19 Jun 2006: Updated to Version 6 for Fix Pack 11, V220.127.116.11 for Multi-Platforms
- 28 Apr 2006: Posted an updated version of the Update Installer for Solaris. The updated version includes a fix for Java™ SDK SR3.
- 14 Apr 2006: Updated to Version 6 for Fix Pack 9, V18.104.22.168 for Multi-Platforms
- 10 Feb 2006: Updated to Version 5 for Fix Pack 7, V22.214.171.124 for Multi-Platforms
- 16 Dec 2005: Updated to Version 4 for Fix Pack 5, V126.96.36.199 for Multi-Platforms
- 02 Nov 2005: Updated for Fix Pack 3, V188.8.131.52 for Multi-Platforms
- 01 Sep 2005: Updated for Fix Pack 2, V184.108.40.206 for Multi-Platforms
- 22 July 2005: Updated for Fix Pack 1, Version 220.127.116.11
- 18 July 2005: Updated pointer to revised installation instructions
- 08 July 2005: Updated for Refresh Pack 2 release, Version 6.0.2
- 18 April 2005: Revised readme to clarify impact of updates on profiles
- 14 April 2005: Updated for Fix Pack 1 release, Version 18.104.22.168.
Added Update Installers for 64-bit platforms
- 31 March 2005: Updated for Refresh Pack 1, Version 6.0.1
- 25 February 2005: Fix Pack 2 release, Version 22.214.171.124
- 10 December 2004: Initial release, Version 126.96.36.199
Use Java 2 SDK, V1.4.2 shipped with WebSphere Application Server V6.0.
Review the Readme for a detailed description of the Update Installer tool and installation instructions.
|Readme for Multi-Platforms||US English||91092|
|Readme for OS/400®||US English||49595|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is DD?
|AIX®||14/08/2006||US English||14735360||FTP DD|
|AIX® - 64 bit||14/08/2006||US English||14735360||FTP DD|
|HP-UX||8/14/2006||US English||14940160||FTP DD|
|HP-UX - 64-bit||8/14/2006||US English||14960640||FTP DD|
|Linux® for AMD/Intel||14/08/2006||US English||15032320||FTP DD|
|Linux® for AMD/Intel - 64-bit||14/08/2006||US English||14438400||FTP DD|
|Linux for i/pSeries®||8/14/2006||US English||14643200||FTP DD|
|Linux for i/pSeries® - 64-bit||14/08/2006||US English||14643200||FTP DD|
|Linux for zSeries®||8/14/2006||US English||14643200||FTP DD|
|OS/400®||19/06/2006||US English||12728115||FTP DD|
|Solaris-SPARC||8/14/2006||US English||15011840||FTP DD|
|Solaris- x86 - 64 bit||8/14/2006||US English||14950400||FTP DD|
|Windows®||8/14/2006||US English||13197608||FTP DD|
|Windows® - x86 - 64 bit||14/08/2006||US English||25714853||FTP DD|
1-800-IBM-SERV (U.S. Calls Only)