How to make one user the owner of all reports
There are several reports under different users and we need to set the owner for all of these reports as one person. Is this possible without going through each individual report and changing the owner?
Firstly, take a backup of the packages.
You will need to be logged in as the user you want to be the owner of all reports, and they will need to have access to Cognos Administration > Connection > Content Administation
1. In the content Administration tab, delete whichever packages contain the reports you want to change the report owner on. (For example, if using Samples, delete the package IBM_Cognos_Samples)
2. Import the package again, go through the import wizard and re-select the package you've just deleted.
3. Set the owner to: The user performing the import
4. Apply to: New and existing entries
5. Then select 'Finish'
6. Report specification upgrade: Upgrade all report specifications to the latest version
7. Store IDs: Assign new IDs during import - And then run
All of the reports should now have the owner changed to the user you're currently logged in as.
More support for:
Cognos Business Intelligence
Software version: 10.2.1, 10.2.2
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 2013563
Modified date: 12 February 2018
Translate this page: