Installing IBM Integration Designer V8.5.7 with a test environment fails to create the profile
When you install IBM Integration Designer version 8.5.7 from the launchpad with an IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) unit test environment (UTE), the installation fails to create the test profile.
You see errors similar to the following entries in the BPMConfig.log file:
[11/20/17 17:22:42:440 IST] 00000001 J2eeHelper < com.ibm.bpm.config.util.ws.J2eeHelper getJarFileVersion RETURN BPM8600 [20170922-050820.0]
[11/20/17 17:23:15:736 IST] 00000001 BPMConfig E com.ibm.bpm.config.BPMConfig main CWMCB0003E: A profile was not created for qbpmaps. com.ibm.bpm.config.util.ConfigException: CWMCB0003E: A profile was not created for qbpmaps.
In the 8.5.7 launchpad, by default, Use your support account to include updates with the installation is selected on the Installation Summary page. When you enter your user name and password, the latest updates are loaded automatically and your IBM BPM test installation is updated to V8.6, which requires Java 8.
Resolving the problem
To avoid this problem, make sure that the Use your support account to include updates with the installation check box on the Installation Summary page is not checked.
If you have installed and found this problem, you have two options:
- To revert to IBM BPM V8.5.7:
- Uninstall IBM BPM using the Installation Manager.
- Run the installation again making sure that the Use your support account to include updates with the installation check box on the Installation Summary page is not checked.
- To stay on IBM BPM V8.6:
- Download and install a separate IBM JDK version 8.
- Switch your runtime JDK to version 8, following the instructions in Switching the edition of Java used in IBM BPM.
- Create your test profile, following the instructions in Creating and configuring the test environment profile using BPMConfig.
|Business Integration||IBM Business Process Manager Standard||Installation / Configuration||AIX, Linux, Windows||8.5.7|
|Business Integration||IBM Business Process Manager Express||Installation / Configuration||Linux, Windows||8.5.7|