Attempted logon to Tivoli Enterprise Portal fails with error message or exception
After IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Tivoli Storage Manager is installed and the monitoring agent is configured, a connection is established between the monitoring agent and the IBM Spectrum Protect server. In some cases, attempts to log on to the Tivoli Enterprise Portal user interface fail.
Attempts to log on to Tivoli Enterprise Portal fail both with the Tivoli Enterprise Portal web client and with the Tivoli Enterprise Portal Web Start client. You might see either of the following messages:
Your security settings have blocked an application signed with an expired or not-yet-valid certificate from running.
com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource:
The problem can be caused by the following issues:
- Java security settings are preventing the logon.
- JAR files are expired.
The problem can be seen in storage environments where IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Tivoli Storage Manager is installed.
Resolving the problem
To resolve the problem, complete the following steps:
1. In the Java Control Panel, select Security.
2. Change the security level from Very High to High.
3. Add the Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server to the exception list by defining a string similar to the following one:
<server_hostname> specifies the name of the Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server.
4. If you are using Tivoli Enterprise Portal V6.2 or V6.3, review techdoc 1659560 to determine whether you must reset the permissions attribute in the JAR manifest file. Complete any necessary actions as described in the techdoc.
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager
Software version: All Supported Versions
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 2010641
Modified date: 16 November 2017
Translate this page: