Fuzzy display and pixelated toolbar icons in Notes 9.0.1FP8 and higher
- the Notes display appears out of focus
- the Toolbar icons appear pixelated or enlarged
- Although this was reported as fixed in 901FP9, the issue was reproduced and reported to development for further investigation
- For example it has been seen in Notes 10.0.1.
- Windows OS
- Windows Display (font size) option set to 150%
- Laptop supports resolution settings no higher than 1080 DPI
- Speifically, users that do not have the newer 4K High Resolution Monitors.
Resolving The Problem
In some cases, you may be able to improve the display's appearance by implementing one or both the options listed below.
Use the Windows OS environment variable NO_DPIAWARE=false.
Note the fuzzy font rendering and extra large toolbar icons
Crisp readable fonts and clear, crisp reasonably scaled icons
Manage the scaling by using a custom value. In the example below, the setting 145% was used to make the display more acceptable.
More support for:
Component: Client UI
Software version: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 10.0.1
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 2009344
Modified date: 29 April 2019