IBM Traveler 126.96.36.199 Server Release Documentation
This document contains information about the IBM Traveler 188.8.131.52 server release.
IBM Traveler 184.108.40.206 is a maintenance release that provides new features and APAR fixes for the IBM Traveler server. The information below outlines the changes included. Be sure to review the IBM Traveler Product Documentation for additional information. See this wiki article for information on subscribing to IBM Traveler product notifications.
NOTE: IBM Traveler 220.127.116.11 does not include a database schema update. However, if upgrading from a version prior to 18.104.22.168 and running MS SQL Server, or if upgrading from a version prior to 22.214.171.124 and running DB2 Server, action may be required if you manually manage your database schema (this is not common). If you use auto schema updates (default behavior) there is no action required. See Updating the Enterprise Database for more information.
- Support for MS SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Edition.
- Updated APNS Certificates with expiration 8/1/2018.
- Improvements for the Run as User Feature.
Note for IBMi environments: Starting with IBM Traveler 126.96.36.199 for IBM i systems, Java 1.7 is no longer supported. For more information see Installing IBM Traveler on IBM i Platform.
Fix ListSee IBM Traveler Fixes by Release.
|Release Date||Version||Build Level|
|September 6, 2017||188.8.131.52||201708291200_20|
- An IBM Traveler 184.108.40.206 upgrade package, which is available on Fix Central, can be used to upgrade any existing IBM Traveler 8.5.3 or later server.
- An IBM Traveler 220.127.116.11 full installation package, which will be available by September 18, 2017 on Passport Advantage, can be used to upgrade any previous Traveler server or to install a new environment.
- IBM Support does recommend running the latest Domino server version; however, when upgrading the IBM Traveler server it is not always necessary to upgrade the Domino server. See the What's new sections of the product documentation for details on expanded Domino server support. See the Detailed System Requirements for a complete list of supported configurations.
- For the latest IBM Verse client for Android devices, see the Google Play Store. For the latest IBM Verse client for iOS devices, see the iTunes App Store.
Installation PlanningReview the IBM Traveler 9.0.1.x product documentation links below prior to installing.
- IBM Traveler 18.104.22.168 requires Domino 8.5.3.x, or 9.0.1.x (or later) on Linux and Windows and Domino 9.0.1.x on IBM i platforms. However, IBM recommends running the latest Domino 9.0.1.x to take advantage of all of the latest fixes and features.
- If installing on a Domino 8.5.3 server, it is required to also install Domino 8.5.3 Upgrade Pack 1 if not already installed. For more information, see the "Important notes on running on an IBM Domino 8.5.3 server" section in the Detailed System Requirements.
Installation InstructionsIBM Traveler installation instructions are the same regardless if this is a major release or a Fix Pack. Follow the documented installation instructions for your platform.
More support for:
Software version: 9.0.1
Operating system(s): IBM i, Linux, Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 2008012
Modified date: 06 September 2017
Translate this page: