IBM Traveler 220.127.116.11 Server Release Documentation
This document contains information about the IBM Traveler 18.104.22.168 server release.
IBM Traveler 22.214.171.124 is a maintenance release that provides new features and APAR fixes for the IBM Traveler server. The information below outlines the changes included. Be sure to review the IBM Traveler Product Documentation for additional information. See this wiki article for information on subscribing to IBM Traveler product notifications.
NOTE: IBM Traveler 126.96.36.199 does not include a database schema update. However, if upgrading from a version prior to 188.8.131.52 and running MS SQL Server or upgrading from a version prior to 184.108.40.206 and running DB2 Server, action may be required if you manually manage your database schema (this is not common). If you use auto schema updates (default behavior) there is no action required. See Updating the Enterprise Database for more information.
Traveler Server Run as User feature
Starting with IBM Traveler 220.127.116.11, the Run as User feature will now be enabled by default. When running as the user, the Traveler server will access the user's mail file as the user ID instead of the server ID. This feature resolves several long standing issues with accessing the user's mail file as the server ID, including:
- Honor ACL controls on mail file and corporate lookup for the user.
- Prevent event notices and automated responses from being sent from the server ID.
- Prevent the server ID from being assigned as the owner of the mail profile when there is no owner defined.
Fix ListSee IBM Traveler Fixes by Release.
|Release Date||Version||Build Level|
|June 15, 2017||18.104.22.168||201706131301_20|
- An IBM Traveler 22.214.171.124 upgrade package, which is available on Fix Central, can be used to upgrade any existing IBM Traveler 8.5.3 or later server.
- An IBM Traveler 126.96.36.199 full installation package, which will be available by June 21, 2017 on Passport Advantage, can be used to upgrade any previous Traveler server or to install a new environment.
- IBM Support does recommend running the latest Domino server version; however, when upgrading the IBM Traveler server it is not always necessary to upgrade the Domino server. See the What's new sections of the product documentation for details on expanded Domino server support. See the Detailed System Requirements for a complete list of supported configurations.
- For the latest IBM Verse client for Android devices, see the Google Play Store. For the latest IBM Verse client for iOS devices, see the iTunes App Store.
Installation PlanningReview the IBM Traveler 9.0.1.x product documentation links below prior to installing.
- IBM Traveler 188.8.131.52 requires Domino 8.5.3.x, 9.0.0.x, or 9.0.1.x (or later) on Linux and Windows and Domino 9.0.0.x or 9.0.1.x on IBM i platforms. However, IBM recommends running Domino 9.0.1.x to take advantage of all of the latest fixes and features.
- If installing on a Domino 8.5.3 server, it is required to also install Domino 8.5.3 Upgrade Pack 1 if not already installed. For more information, see the "Important notes on running on an IBM Domino 8.5.3 server" section in the Detailed System Requirements.
Installation InstructionsIBM Traveler installation instructions are the same regardless if this is a major release or a Fix Pack. Follow the documented installation instructions for your platform.
More support for:
Software version: 9.0.1
Operating system(s): IBM i, Linux, Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 2004801
Modified date: 06 July 2017
Translate this page: