IBM Sametime 9.0.1 FP1 release - June 2017
IBM Sametime 9.0.1 FP1 release - June 2017
IBM Sametime 9.0.1 FP1 release is available. All customers are recommended to upgrade to this release. Update IBM Sametime V9.0 and V9.0.1 servers to Feature Pack 1 by downloading packages provided here in Fix Central and installing with the Update option. You can also use these 9.0.1 FP1 builds for a fresh install of servers and clients.
It resolves a number of issues (See detailed fix list below).
Also included in 9.0.1 FP1:
- Support for TLS1.2
- Support for Verse On-Prem integration
- Numerous features inherited from Cloud
For a list of detailed system requirements for the supported releases of Sametime, please go here.
Read the documentation on how to upgrade to 9.0.1 FP1 here:
Download Sametime 9.0.1 FP1 package from Fix Central here.
FIXES INCLUDED IN THIS RELEASE
General Meetings fixes:
- Fixes added for various Meeting server and web client security issues
- New version of document conversion toolkit included, which fixes several issues in images created for sharing uploaded documents
- Fixed Meeting server issue that could cause a failure in generating a meeting report
- Fixed issue by preventing a meeting client from generating too many events on the server, which could pollute server logs
- Fixed a problem that would prevent being able to properly add a Notes link into the meeting discussion/stream
- Fixed defect in meeting room permissions that impacted older clients, when setting a permission to "Everyone"
- Fixed issues where some UI strings would show in the wrong language on Sierra Mac OS
- Fixed problem where the cursor would show as very large during screen-sharing using browser based meetings on Sierra Mac OS
- Fixed bad button alignment in Meeting web client
- Fixed slide navigation Tooltips in Meeting web client
- Fixed slide annotation alignment problems in some browsers
- Fixed rare instances of authenticated users showing up as guests in Meeting web client
- Fixed issue in web client where changing presenter permissions from "Everyone" to "Owners & Managers" would not persist
- Fixes added for web client Tooltips so that they are now keyboard-accessible
- Fixed issues where certain keystrokes would not function properly on a client being remotely-controlled via screen-sharing
- Fixed issue where cursor would not be seen when viewing screen-sharing on IE browser
- Fixed issue where screen-share viewer image regions could flash/flicker on newer versions of Firefox browser
Installed Meeting client fixes:
- Fixed problem where adding an offline manager could not be saved
- Fixed issue where an instant meeting would incorrectly require password
- Fixed issue causing multiple duplicate join messages to show in the meeting stream
- Fixed problem where if web client set permission to Everyone, the rich client would not update properly
- Fixed defect where the download permission would revert back to "Users who have not logged in" after "Everyone" option was saved
- Fixed password policy message: should be "can" contain upper-lower case rather than "should" contain upper-lower case
- Display name with Chinese characters become hex
- CS upgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.1t
- STPolicy generates excessive LDAP lookup requests
- STresolve CSV file shows extremely high number which present 2s-component
- Audio Video conferences are supported using TLS1.2 communication across the audio video clients and servers.
-- Server to server communication for SIP and HTTPS are supported now using TLSv1.2
-- Media admin pages in System Console are talking to all components using TLSv1.2.
-- Installer is modified to communicate with System Console using TLSv1.2.
- Audio Quality improvements in meetings and n-way conferences.
-- Audio quality issues with Unicode characters seen with Russian names.
-- Processing packets issues at client side added delay to introduce audio quality.
-- handling of characters processing added bad quality issues before.
-- Client SDK bug fixes around audio packets processing to improve the audio quality.
- Mozilla NHM chromium based plugin support for AV and screen share since FF52 release on 32 and 64 bit releases.
- Chrome 64-bit support is added for Audio Video and screen share in meetings.
- Open SSL libraries are upgraded to level 1.0.2k.
- Fixes are done around CPU usage as well memory leaks on Windows and MAC.
- Fixed Several java.lang.IllegalStateException seen in the SIP PR logs
- Fixed the ability to recover from SolidDB failure
Web Client features
- Join Call As Audio - Participants are allowed to join the call as audio only or audio video both into video call started by Moderator.
- Join call notification - An alert notification with an options to join call when the call is already started.
Web Player Installer improvements
- Introduce more stability with errors 1307, 1310
- Firefox related code changes as well smooth deployment of the new packages for Firefox and Chrome
- Registries are created as per standard provided by Mozilla and Chrome for NHM.
- Fixed an issue where images cannot be pasted from web page to chat window typing area
- Fixed a problem of Auto-status change: during a calendar meeting, lock/unlock Notes ID, user status is changed to "Available", but should be "In a meeting"
- Need to show the gear menu button when hiding the quick find widget
- Fixed a issue with Ctrl+A not working in chat history dialog "quick find widget"
- Fixed an issue with Ctrl+A not working in chat window "quick find widget"
- Fixed an issue that Sametime Client will still launch automatically after system starts even the option "Launch Sametime at system startup" is not checked
- Fixed an issue where nickname is reset when offline message is received
- Fixed an issue where you cannot send email to a user whose email address contains an apostrophe
- Fixed an issue when sending two line messages from web client to rich client, and the first line is an url, rich client will display wrong characters
- Fixed an install problem that Win32 Sametime install may hang at Enabling liveupdate feature
- Fixed an issue which may cause Notes client crash after taking a Win10 laptop from dock station
- When inviting contacts to nway chat, need allow invitees to see previous chat transcripts even if automatically save chats is not enabled
- Fixed an issue that incoming message's tab flash is not visible if the tab is hidden in More button
- Fixed a chat crosstalk issue
- Need allow users to clean their user data stored in workspace when uninstalling Rich Client
- Provided ability to reorder chat session tabs on chat window
Sametime Advanced Server
- Default Community API HTTP GET functionality not working
- Update Sametime Advanced API documentation
- Sametime Advanced User Monitoring API HTTP Get returns 400 error
- Chatrooms become unresponsive in browser after certain number of participants join
- Enhancement: Prevent Advanced from creating Chat Rooms with same name but different case
- Exception thrown retrieving resource string in Folder Handler API when folder already exists
- User Photo is not displayed correctly in Business Card from user link
- ST Advanced: User Photo not displayed correctly in browser and rich client
- ST Advanced Server: Help Link labels reported as invalid in IE11
- Performance fixes
Sametime Advanced Rich Client
- Pick up a new XPD build for fix to duplicated tray icons issue
- Application Management window show non-English language
- Warning message is displayed when start chat room with internal-signed certificate, fixed by XPD
- Enhancement Request: Add Preference setting to ST Advanced client to enable Alert on New Message by default
- Can not send broadcast to selected contacts, work as designed, but should not produce exception in trace log
- Improve the code quality for *.bcs and *.persistent plugin, fix resource leak
- Pick up the XPD build (dual monitor on Win10 low DPI)
- Performance fixes
Advanced Server Install
- Update of Websphere based Sametime Servers fails when monitoring policy is enabled on Sametime Servers
- The license information is old in IM panel when doing upgrade from old server to the latest 901 build
- License Text is garbled in Japanese
- As a Sametime administrator, I want Sametime IM based server Installs support TLSv 1.2 in the CLEAN\FRESH installation path.
- TLS1.2: WAS based server installed failed by SSC with TLS1.2 enabled
- TLS1.2: after upgrade install mediamanager and stproxy, meeting pn, installer report post-register fail
- Web chat does not display correct toolbar icons for narrow width
- Enable support for Latvian in the web chat client
- Chat option displayed in popup menu in 1-to-1 chat window - should be removed
- HTML markup appearing in chat transcript
- Bold button turns off after message is sent in bold.
- After clicking awareness on Bizcard, no menu appears
- STProxy Web Client: incorrect status message is shown
- Images across Chat UI should display tooltips/labels for keyboard users (i.e., using TAB key to navigate) --> Provide better tooltips
- Spacebar doesn't work in STProxy Client using latest version of Google Chrome 54.0.2840.59 cloud and on-premise
- Duplicate images are pasted into chat window starting from Firefox 51.0
- Contact list - switch contacts display mode will cause preference settings value change
- After add public group as subgroup and relaunch webchat window, public group can not be loaded/removed
- Styling fix: for new SmartCloud navbar menuwidget:
- [WebChat] Widget - chat widget menu display without style sheet
- Navbar Widget displayed without styling for a moment in slow networks
- Chat awareness icon "left" needs to change to 13px
- Make the NavbarMenuNonVerse styling classes more specific
- Improved accessibility and improved usability
- Improved security
- Add X-Frame-Options for ClickJacking Protection
- Upgrade ACF (Active Content Filter) to v184.108.40.206 + custom rule (Proxy)
- Missing Secure Attribute in session token LtpaToken2/LtpaToken - config
- Enumeration of group chat - Unauthorized access possible - FIxed
- Body Parameters accepted in Query ST Chat
- Can enumerate and access instant meeting rooms
- Null Pointer in STChat
- Removed ltpa when user sends logout request and when user was forced logged out for bad SSO
- Add X-Frame-Options for ClickJacking Protection
- Webchat Error - 000000f9 Configuration W Exception looking up jdbc/SametimeDataSource
- Add new policy notification_message_content
- STProxy should use the joinPath attribute when constructing meeting room URLs
- Same Nickname can be displayed for different users
- No awareness in meeting room
- There's no file size limit for logins.log
- Image based folder was deleted at the proxy server start up time
- Drop http request if server cannot handle
- rtc4web throws exception when JVM graded to v8
- If a mobile user does not have the chat app running then other meeting room participants should not have the option to chat to them
- Failed to load TLS keystore and trust store file
- Null pointer exception stops mobile users to login or resume
- Awareness not working randomly for users in the meeting room participant list
- Has the option to send files to a mobile user from a webchat user. (intermittent)
- Chat is temporarily unavailable - memory leak
- Save user preference doesn't work
- The user's green status box is lost in meeting room.
- Threads issue
- No MFW callback on consecutive SIP registration failures – FPCC
- Call History is empty after making several calls
- AV Meetings Integration On Prem: When FPCC enabled AV call doesn't start in the meetings
- Call and Video call disabled in the phonebook
- Offline buddy list does not have Call/Video call enabled
- User can call himself from phonebook
- When one of the parties is on prelogin/loged off s/he doesnt have the button to expand call to video
- When FPCC is enabled but phone is not registered, A/V calls are not enabled on buddy list
- Call service provider selection is enabled and empty on initialization of client and when set, FPCC service provider is not an option
- Call history - if user logged of then s/he cant make call by clicking on the phone icon
- Call option is disabled in the live text in chat window when using saml
- Expose DNS SRV setting in the managed settings
- Unable to save sip in phonebook in form sip:number@number
- Create Attended call transfer ui
- Create Unattended call transfer ui
- Add Attended call transfer java logic
- Add Unattended call transfer java logic
- Add action on the transfer buttons
- In call window - disable invite others
- Call history For Flint by the end of MArch
- Can't make SUTLite call when fpcc is enabled, call provider is fixing to external
- Make stop video working
- Restore button should restore values to the values that being loaded when client starts for the first time.
- User can add a contact in the phonebook with an invalid sip uri
- When expanding to video call doesn't get message - start video. so no video for him
- Make escalation from audio to video call working
- Make audio calls started from phonebook escalate to video calls successfully
- Video call and call computer icon should not enabled after login non-AV cs and disabled AV user
Translate this page: