Sametime 9.0.1 Cumulative Hotfix for Meeting Server and Proxy Server - Sametime WebPlayer support for Firefox 52 and above.
A new cumulative hotfix for Sametime 9.0.1 Meeting Server and Sametime 9.0.1 Proxy Server is available.
IBM is releasing this hotfix to support Sametime WebPlayer for users who are upgrading to Mozilla Firefox 52.
Mozilla Firefox 52 is a non-ESR version and no longer supports Mozilla's NPAPI.
FIX DOWNLOAD LINKS
Fix Central link to fix: 901-ST-General-FP-SMOL-AK4G43
This fix is being delivered as a cumulative fix for Sametime Meeting Server 9.0.1 and Sametime Proxy Server 9.0.1.
Upgrade your Sametime Meeting server and Sametime Proxy Server components using Installation Manager.
Sametime Meeting Server
Sametime Proxy Server
Post Install Enablement Steps:
1. Login to Sametime System Console
2. Navigate to Sametime System Console -> Sametime Meeting Servers
3. Click On 'Deployment Identifier"
4. On 'Server Configuration' Page, click on 'Edit' button
5. Find the Configuration Key 'webextension.ff.enabled' and set it to true
6. Find the Configuration Key "webplayer.chrome.mac.enabled" and set it to "true"
7. Find the Configuration Key "webplayer.chrome.windows.enabled" and set it to "true"
8. Click on Apply.
(If any of the three keys mentioned above are not present, add them and make sure the value is set to "true" for all and click "Apply").
Restart Sametime Meeting server and Sametime Proxy server.
FIXES INCLUDED IN THIS HOTFIX
Mozilla is removing support for the NPAPI based plug-ins in Firefox starting with version 52 (non-ESR). IBM is moving towards supporting Web extension-based add-ons. This fix provides Firefox Native Messaging Host Support for Enterprise Customers.
**NOTE 1: Please read more about this native plugin support in a recently published Technote:
New WebPlayer availability for Firefox 52
**NOTE 2: This hotfix is required only for the customers using Firefox 52 (non-ESR version) and above. Customers can keep using other supported browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox ESR versions, without any issues, if they don't install this hotfix.
Translate this page: