How to Update Your Cognos BI TM1 Client Components
Please ensure that you have already reviewed all of the relevant detail on the following page before you proceed:
IBM Cognos TM1 SSL Expiration - Manual Fix Approach - Landing Page
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
-If your IBM Cognos BI Installation for TM1 Reporting resides on UNIX and is not on 10.2.1 FP11, 10.2.2 FP5, or newer - you MUST apply the following Cognos BI Security Updater to your BI Environment before you proceed with updating your IBM Cognos TM1 Certificates: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21979767 .
-If you use IBM Cognos Analytics 11.0.4 or lower - you must follow the steps within this document. IBM Cognos Analytics 11.0.5 will come bundled with the new TM1 Certificates when the release is made available
-It is assumed that when on UNIX, your TM1_PATH environment variable is pointing to Cognos BI's own /bin/ or /bin64/ directory. If your TM1_PATH points elsewhere, be sure to update the /ssl/ folder within, using the new certificate files listed in Step 2.
-If your IBM Cognos BI Installation has multiple report servers, ensure that all report servers are updated accordingly.
To update your IBM Cognos BI TM1 Client Components, the below steps can be followed:
- Download the updated TM1 SSL Certificates from the following location: http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/quickorder?product=ibm%2FInformation+Management%2FCognos+TM1&fixids=BA-CTM1-SSL-ZIP-IF001
- Stop your IBM Cognos BI Services
- Extract the downloaded file/archive and extract it to any directory. For the purpose of this document, our files will be extracted in to <cognos_bi_install_dir>\NewSSLCerts\
- After extracting the files, look inside of your extracted folder <cognos_bi_install_dir>\NewSSLCerts\ . The following files should be present.
- If Cognos BI is installed on Windows - back up the following directories in your <tm1_client_install_directory>
- If Cognos BI is installed on UNIX - back up the following directories in your <cognos_bi_install_dir>
- Copy the contents of the folder you extracted earlier <cognos_bi_install_dir>\NewSSLCerts\ , and place them inside of the 2 directories listed above in Step 5 or Step 6 (depending on your Architecture). During this process, you will be required to REPLACE all conflicting files as we must replace the old certificate files with new ones.
- Start your IBM Cognos BI services
At this stage, (and assuming your IBM Cognos TM1 Server components have been set up correctly and are running) - you should be able to confirm that you are able to successfully connect to your TM1 Server via IBM Cognos BI
More support for:
Software version: 10.1.0, 10.1.1, 10.2, 10.2.2
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1991658
Modified date: 04 November 2016