How to Update Your TM1 Architect / TM1 Perspectives Client Installations - ALL VERSIONS
Please ensure that you have already reviewed all of the relevant detail on the following page before you proceed:
IBM Cognos TM1 SSL Expiration - Manual Fix Approach - Landing Page
To update your IBM Cognos TM1 Architect or Perspectives Client, the below steps can be followed:
- Download the updated TM1 SSL Certificates from the following location: http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/quickorder?product=ibm%2FInformation+Management%2FCognos+TM1&fixids=BA-CTM1-SSL-ZIP-IF001
- Extract the downloaded file/archive and extract it to any directory. For the purpose of this document, our files will be extracted in to <tm1_client_install_dir>\tm1_64\NewSSLCerts\
- After extracting the files, look inside of your extracted folder <tm1_client_install_dir>\tm1_64\NewSSLCerts\ . The following files should be present.
- Back up the following directories in your <tm1_client_install_dir>
*(or equivalent for older versions or 32 bit clients like <tm1_client_install_dir>\tm1\bin\ssl)
*Depending on the version of TM1 you are using, you may NOT have a bin64 directory. If you do not, simply skip this step as it is not required.
- Copy the contents of the folder you extracted earlier <tm1_client_install_dir>\tm1_64\NewSSLCerts\ , and place them inside of the 2 directories listed above in Step 4. During this process, you will be required to REPLACE all conflicting files as we must replace the old certificate files with new ones.
- After all files have been copied successfully, navigate to <tm1_client_install_dir>\tm1_64\bin\ssl\
- Execute the uninstallSSL.bat file, to uninstall old keys from the Windows Keystore
- If uninstallSSL.bat does not exist, run importsslcert.exe -remove from Command Line
- Execute the importsslcert.exe file, to install the new keys in to the Windows Keystore
At this stage, (and assuming your IBM Cognos TM1 Server components have been set up correctly and are running) - you should be able to confirm that you are able to successfully connect to your TM1 Server via IBM Cognos TM1 Architect or IBM Cognos TM1 Perspectives.