How to Update Your Performance Modeler / Cognos Insight Client Installations - ALL VERSIONS
Please ensure that you have already reviewed all of the relevant detail on the following page before you proceed:
IBM Cognos TM1 SSL Expiration - Manual Fix Approach - Landing Page
To update your IBM Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler / IBM Cognos Insight installation, the below steps can be followed:
- Download the updated TM1 SSL Certificates from the following location: http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/quickorder?product=ibm%2FInformation+Management%2FCognos+TM1&fixids=BA-CTM1-SSL-ZIP-IF001
- Extract the downloaded file/archive and extract it to any directory. For the purpose of this document, our files will be extracted in to C:\NewSSLCerts\
- After extracting the files, look inside of your extracted folder C:\NewSSLCerts\ . The following files should be present.
- In your Windows Start menu, find and right-click your IBM Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler / Cognos Insight shortcut and click 'Open File Location'
**If you are using IBM Cognos TM1 10.1.0 or TM1 10.1.1 Performance Modeler / Cognos Insight, they do not contain shortcuts in the Start menu by default. If you are not sure where Performance Modeler/Cognos Insight had been installed, you will need to launch Performance Modeler and then open Task Manager on your computer. With Task Manager open, look for the ModelingMDT process - on the Processes tab. Right click the ModelingMDT process and select 'Open File Location'
- 'C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\IBM\Cognos Performance Modeler\' directory.
- From within the directory just opened, use the Windows Search utility to find all folders named 'ssl'. If the folder name is ssl, then the steps below apply. The points below are only examples of folders that may exist. The primary objective for this step is to use your Windows search and find any, all, every ssl folder in this path - and update it accordingly.
*Depending on your installation, you may have MULTIPLE directories. For example, if you have two versions of TM1 you use in your environment - you will likely have two unique versions of Performance Modeler that will require SSL file updates
- An example SSL folder location would look like the following: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\IBM\Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler\bins\bin_10.2.5240.84\tm1\bin\ssl
- As well as: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\IBM\Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler\bins\bin_10.2.5240.84\tm1\bin\tm1api101\ssl
- And: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\IBM\Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler\bins\bin_10.2.5240.84\tm1\bin\tm1api102\ssl
- Back up one of the SSL Folders to ensure that you have the original keys, just in case. This is more specific to a scenario in which you are simply testing this procedure - before rolling out to the masses.
- Copy the contents of the folder you extracted earlier C:\NewSSLCerts\ , and place them inside of ALL \ssl\ folder found in your Performance Modeler or Cognos Insight installation directory. During this process, you will be required to REPLACE all conflicting files as we must replace the old certificate files with new ones.
At this stage, (and assuming your IBM Cognos TM1 Server components have been set up correctly and are running) - you should be able to confirm that you are able to successfully use IBM Cognos TM1 Performance Modeler and/or Cognos Insight.
More support for:
Software version: 10.1.0, 10.1.1, 10.2, 10.2.2
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1991656
Modified date: 18 October 2016