New pubnames.ntf extends Holiday documents through 2026/2027 & adds policy updates for Traveler and IMSMO
A new Domino Directory template (pubnames.ntf) is now available that extends Holiday documents through years 2026 or 2027 and adds policy updates for both Traveler and IBM mail support for Microsoft Outlook (IMSMO).
A new pubnames.ntf for Domino 9.0.1 is now available that includes the following updates:
- Holiday documents that have been extended another 10 years through 2026 or 2027 depending on the holiday.
- Policy update for cloud Traveler servers that allows admins to remove the device password requirement for Traveler devices. Hybrid customers will be able to override the default that says you must have a device password.
- Policy update for IMSMO cloud and on-premises servers that allows more granular control of auto-processing notices. Now you can choose whether to skip processing of meeting notices that have pending reschedules. In the cloud, this new setting is enforced/enabled regardless of the policy setting selected on-premises.
|Download, Deploy & Implement|
This technote originally pointed to a pubnames.ntf released in October 2016. A newer pubnames.ntf is now available with the March 2017 release of Notes/Domino 9.0.1FP8. To download the latest template, go to the Templates tab of the following technote:
Download Options for Notes & Domino 9.0.1 Fix & Feature Packs
Deploy & Implement
Part 1: Deploy the template to your server:
- Shut down your Domino server
- Create a backup of the existing pubnames.ntf from your Domino server's data directory
- Copy the updated pubnames.ntf into your Domino server's data directory
- Restart your Domino server
Part 2: Implement the template updates:
For details on implementing the Traveler policy update for "Do not require device password," see the following Help topic:
For details on implementing the IMSMO policy update for "Skip processing of meeting updates," see the following Help topics:
-- IMSMO cloud
-- IMSMO on-premises http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSKTMJ_9.0.1/admin_imsmo/adm_create_mail_setting.html
For details on importing the updated Holiday documents, see the following section.
|Importing the updated Holiday documents|
- Navigate to the Configuration\Miscellaneous\Holidays view
- From the Actions menu, run the Import Holidays from Template agent
Yes, a multi-lingual pubnames.ntf was released with 9.0.1FP8.
Are the Holiday documents applicable to cloud servers too?
Yes, when coupled with the mail9.ntf update where you can now point to the holiday import server of your choice.
No. The updated holidays include the original start dates but extend into either year 2026 or year 2027 depending on the holiday. The holidays will not be duplicated but instead extended; therefore, users will see the past and future holiday dates.
|Messaging Applications||IBM Notes|
|Messaging Applications||IBM Traveler|
|Messaging Applications||IMSMO Server|
Translate this page: