IBM Traveler 18.104.22.168 Server Release Documentation
This document contains information about the IBM Traveler 22.214.171.124 server release.
IBM Traveler 126.96.36.199 is a maintenance release that provides APAR fixes for IBM Traveler server. The information below outlines the changes included. Be sure to review the IBM Traveler Product Documentation for additional information. See this wiki article for information on subscribing to IBM Traveler product notifications.
- Ghosting of initial invitations on Active Sync devices.
- Database Transaction Throttling - The IBM Traveler server will now limit the number and speed which it creates database transactions. This helps prevent stress on the database server and improve over-all database performance
- Secure FTP (FTPS) used by default when running the IBM Traveler PMR command. FTPS encrypts data that is transmitted to IBM Support for improved security. Because FTPS uses port 22 instead of the FTP port 21 it may be necessary to work with your network team if port 22 is not already open in your environment. See the PMR command documentation for upload details and settings.
Note: IBM Traveler 188.8.131.52 includes a database schema update. Action may be required if you manually manage your database schema (this is not common). If you use auto schema updates (default behavior) there is no action required. See Updating the Enterprise Database for more information.
See IBM Traveler Fixes by Release.
|Release Date||Version||Build Level|
|May 18, 2016||184.108.40.206||201605161610_40|
NOTE: For the latest IBM Verse client for Android devices, see the Google Play Store. For the latest IBM Verse client for iOS devices, see the iTunes App Store.
- An IBM Traveler 220.127.116.11 upgrade package is available on Fix Central which can be used to upgrade any existing IBM Traveler 8.5.3 or later server.
- An IBM Traveler 18.104.22.168 full installation package will be available by May 23th, 2016 on Passport Advantage which can be used to upgrade any previous Traveler server or install a new environment.
- Note: IBM Support does recommend running the latest Domino server version; however, when upgrading the IBM Traveler server it is not always necessary to upgrade the Domino server. See the What's new sections of the product documentation for details on expanded Domino server support. See the Detailed System Requirements for a complete list of supported configurations.
Review the IBM Traveler 9.0.1.x product documentation links below prior to installing.
- IBM Traveler 22.214.171.124 requires Domino 8.5.3.x, 9.0.0.x, or 126.96.36.199.x (or later) on Linux and Windows and Domino 9.0.0.x or 9.0.1.x on IBM i platforms. However, IBM recommends running Domino 9.0.1.x to take advantage of all of the latest fixes and features.
- If installing on a Domino 8.5.3 server, it is required to also install Domino 8.5.3 Upgrade Pack 1 if not already installed. For more information, see the "Important notes on running on an IBM Domino 8.5.3 server" section in the Detailed System Requirements.
IBM Traveler installation instructions are the same regardless if this is a major release or a Fix Pack. Follow the documented installation instructions for your platform.
More support for:
Software version: 9.0.1
Operating system(s): IBM i, Linux, Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1983505
Modified date: 20 May 2016
Translate this page: