Attempts to install Interim Fix fail on certain language versions of Notes 9.0.1 64-bit for Mac
Attempts to install Interim Fix 1 (IBM_Notes_Hotfix_901SHF619.dmg) on certain language installations of Notes 9.0.1 64-bit for Mac fail with the following error:
"IBM Notes 9.0.1 SHF619 Social Edition (64-bit) can't be installed on this disk. This hotfix is designed for the 64 bit version of Notes. The installed version does not match"
The following language versions of Notes 9.0.1 64-bit are impacted:
- Portuguese Brazilian
Resolving the problem
This issue is tracked as SPR# MBLTA7QGWD and a solution is under investigation. As a workaround, you can temporarily rename the *.lproj file (*.lproj = the country code.lproj) to english.lproj and then install the Interim Fix. Complete steps are listed below.
1. Open the Applications folder in Finder
2. Right-click on the IBM Notes icon
3. Select "Show Package Contents"
4. Open the Contents folder, and then open the Resources folder
5. Rename the language *.lproj file to english.lproj (for example, for the German installation, you would rename de.lproj to english.lproj)
6. Close all Finder windows and then install the Fix Pack.
7. Once the install completes, perform steps 1 thru 4 again.
8. Finally, rename the english.lproj folder back to its original name (again, for example, for German you would rename english.lproj back to de.lproj)
Translate this page: