Playback of Web UI test fails on Internet Explorer
In Rational Test Workbench Web UI Tester, playback of Web UI test fails on Internet Explorer with an error message on the report.
Following message is displayed on the report, even though the browser was not closed by you:
"Could not complete the action. The browser window might have been accidentally closed. Try running the script again"
Windows Operating System, Internet Explorer 11 Browser.
Resolving the problem
To fix the issue:
- Open the windows registry editor. Click the "Start" button, select "Run". In the Run dialog, type "regedit" (without quotes) and press "Enter".
- Navigate to the following path by expanding each tree node in the registry editor.
- On 32-bit Windows : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BFCACHE.
- On 64-bit Windows : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BFCACHE
Note: In some cases, the FEATURE_BFCACHE key might not be available and should be manually created. Right-click on the "FeatureControl" key and select "New" > "Key". Type "FEATURE_BFCACHE".
4. Close the registry editor.