Configuring access for HTTP and HTTPS in Jazz for Service Management
By default, the Jazz™ for Service Management application server requires HTTPS access. You can set up the environment for both HTTP and HTTPS, however HTTP access is not supported.
HTTP access to the Dashboard Application Services Hub is not possible.
For security reasons, HTTP access is disabled by default and is not supported.
The above procedure for enabling HTTP will not work from JazzSM 1.1.3 version and above.
It is only applicable for JazzSM 126.96.36.199 and below.
Resolving The Problem
Before you begin
After installing Dashboard Application Services Hub and before beginning this procedure, log in to the console to ensure that it has connectivity and can start successfully.
About this task
Configuring for HTTP and HTTPS console access involves editing the web.xml file of Web components. Use this procedure to identify and edit the appropriate Web XML files.
Important: These steps are provided for information purposes only, as setting up the environment for HTTP access is not supported.
1. Change to the following directory: JazzSM_WAS_Profile/config/cells/JazzSMNode01Cell/applications.
2. From this location, locate the web.xml files in the following directories:
- For the Integrated Solutions Console web application archive: isc.ear/deployments/isc/isclite.war/WEB-INF
- For the Charts web application archive: isc.ear/deployments/isc/tip.charts.war/WEB-INF
- For the Dashboard Application Services Hub Change Password web application archive: isc.ear/deployments/isc/TIPChangePasswd.war/WEB-INF
3. Open one of the web.xml files using a text editor.
4. Find the <transport-guarantee> element. The initial value of all <transport-guarantee> elements is CONFIDENTIAL, meaning that secure access is always required.
5. Change the setting to NONE to enable both HTTP and HTTPS requests. The element now reads: <transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>.
6. Save the file, and then repeat these steps for the other web.xml deployment files.
The following example is a section of the web.xml file for TIPChangePasswd where the transport-guarantee parameter is set to NONE:
What to do next
Users must now specify a different port, depending on the mode of access. The default port numbers are as follows:
Use the HTTP port for logging in to the Dashboard Application Services Hub on the HTTP port .
Use the HTTPS secure port for logging in to the Dashboard Application Services Hub.
Note: If you want to use single sign-on (SSO) then you must use the fully qualified domain name of the Dashboard Application Services Hub host.
More support for:
Component: Jazz for Service Management
Software version: 1.1, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 18.104.22.168
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Reference #: 1974566
Modified date: 22 October 2018