ANR4615E ANR4578E Server database restore can fail on inaccessible media
ANR4615E ANR1402W ANR4578E IBM Spectrum Protect Server database restore gets a mount failure when the volume needed for the restore has an incorrect inventory reference in the device configuration file.
The server restore database process may fail with the following messages:
ANR4591I Selected backup series 1239 from 01/08/2016 and 09:10:06 AM as best candidate available for restore database processing.
ANR4592I Restore database backup series 1234 includes eligible operation 0 with volume 12345L having sequence 100001 and using device class
ANR4598I Validating database backup information for selected backup series 1234 and operation 0 using volume 12345L.
ANR8312E Volume 12345L could not be located in library IBMLIB1.
ANR1402W Mount request denied for volume 12345L - volume unavailable.
ANR4615E The server is unable to restore the database due to inaccessible media.
ANR4578E Database backup/restore terminated - required volume was not mounted.
The database backup volume element address reference in the device configuration file does not match the actual element where the volume resides in the library
Diagnosing the problem
Server trace using trace classes ICREST IVCOLHST PVR MMS NA ADDMSG may show the following when restore database fails:
[output.c][PutConsoleMsg]:ANR8312E Volume 12345L could not be located in library IBMLIB1.~
[output.c][PutConsoleMsg]:ANR1402W Mount request denied for volume 12345L - volume unavailable.~
[icvolhst.c][ValidateUsableDBBackup]:Exiting with rc 3011 and failingLine=10059.
[icvolhst.c][AssignRestoreStanzaFromVolHist]:Exiting with rc 3011 from failingLine 9029.
[icvolhst.c][icGetRestoreList]:Exiting with rc 3011 set at 1088.
[output.c][PutConsoleMsg]:ANR4615E The server is unable to restore the database due to inaccessible media.~
[rdbicrst.c][RdbAdmRestoreDB]:Error 3011 getting restore list.
Resolving the problem
To resolve this problem, do the following:
- Using library console or IBM Tape Diagnostics Tool, verify the element address in the library where the database backup volume is located.
- Check inventory in device configuration file being used and verify that the database backup volume has the same element address as the one shown in step 1). The entry will look similar to this:
- /* LIBRARY INVENTORY LTOCLASS IBMLIB1 12345L 1026 101*/
- (NOTE: 12345L is the database backup volume in this example)
- Make changes as needed so that the database volume inventory reference in the Library matches the inventory reference in the device configuration file.
Dsmserv restore db should now run normally.
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager
Software version: All Supported Versions
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Reference #: 1974553
Modified date: 28 December 2016
Translate this page: