Late breaking updates to DataPower 7.5 documentation
The version 7.5 documentation for IBM DataPower Gateway is not the latest available information. This document covers late breaking updates that are not in IBM Knowledge Center.
Last updated, October 2017.
The late breaking updates in this document apply to DataPower Gateway version 7.5 documentation.
To access specific updates, click the appropriate link:
To view the change history of this document, see Change history
The corrections in the following sections apply to DataPower Gateway version 7.5 in IBM Knowledge Center.
When you upgrade to 7.5.2, the following changes apply to SSH connection.
- Disabled diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1 and diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 algorithms by default.
- Disabled MD5-based MAC algorithms.
- Limited DH-GEX to 4096 bits for Cisco devices.
- The enable-legacy-kex command for the SSH server profile in available in 22.214.171.124.
- The enable-legacy-kex command for the SSH client profile is available in 126.96.36.199.
- Default cipher suites
- Default KEX algorithms
- Default MAC algorithms
- The SSH client always initiates the banner exchange.
- During the SSH2 banner exchange, use CR+LF termination for the banner.
- The SSH client ignores any message from the SSH server until the banner exchange.
Although the key exchange algorithms were updated, they cannot be edited. If you need to enable the legacy algorithm you can use the hidden enable-legacy-kex yes command.
To help you understand the support, review the following supported algorithms and cipher suites.
Remember the following points for the establishment of an SSH connection.
The command to troubleshoot power supplies states to use
show other-sensors. The correct command is
show sensors-other. This problem exists also in the available PDF versions of the installation documentation.
Added supported for the undocumented Global
clear gatewayscript-cache path command. This command clears the data from the GatewayScript path cache.
The documentation provides inconsistent information about which directories of the DataPower Gateway you create and delete subdirectories. You can create and remove subdirectories in the following directories.
The documentation for the Message Filter Action
type command incorrect states the
block keyword instead of the
shape keyword. For correct information see
Last modified: 30 October 2017.
- 30 October 2017: Added information about nonexisting block keyword for Message Filter Action type command.
- 19 October 2017: Added information about which directories you can create and remove subdirectories.
- 19 July 2016: Added data about the wrong command troubleshooting command in the installation documentation.
- 17 June 2016: Added data about the undocumented Global command.
- 22 March 2016: Created for 7.5.
More support for:
IBM DataPower Gateways
Software version: 7.5
Operating system(s): Firmware
Software edition: Edition Independent
Reference #: 1974106
Modified date: 30 October 2017