Inbox Contents Do Not Display If There is a Folder Named With Only Spaces
If there is a folder named with spaces on the mail database, the contents of the Inbox disappear or do not display. It will be replaced with the contents of the folder.
However, if you right click on Inbox and select Open, all the contents of the Inbox will display.
Diagnosing the problem
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Create a new folder named 'Test Folder'.
2. Rename the folder to ' ' (without the quotations) . A folder cannot be renamed when given a blank name. Putting a space or spaces will allow the user to rename the folder.
3. Reopen the mail database tab.
4. Check 'Search This View' from View menu.
4. If you click the Inbox, you will notice that it will display the contents of the folder instead of the contents of the Inbox.
5. When you right click on the Inbox and choose Open, it will display the contents of the Inbox.
Resolving the problem
This issue was reported to Quality Engineering as SPR RHAN8L9JW5.
Delete the folder from the mail database. However, this folder can no longer be seen in the Notes client UI so you need to delete the folder using the Domino Designer client. In case you have any mails in the folder , move it to a Temp folder before deleting it.
Steps to delete the folder using Domino Designer client:
1. Create a backup copy of the mail database. If there are any mails inside the folder, move it to a Temp folder.
2. Open the Domino Designer client.
3. Press Ctrl+O. Select the location of the affected mail file, Local/Server, select the mail database and click Open.
4. On the left side panel of the Designer client, expand Folders. You will then see the folder.
5. Right click on the folder then select Delete. You will be asked to confirm to delete this folder, select 'Yes'.
6. Re-open the mail database in Notes client.
More support for:
Software version: 8.5.2, 8.5.3, 9.0, 9.0.1
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1965120
Modified date: 15 September 2015
Translate this page: