Collecting Data: for troubleshooting automatic relay selection issues
Data to collect from a client endpoint in order to troubleshoot client automatic relay selection issues.
Resolving the problem
Take these steps to reproduce the automatic relay selection issue and collect data for a test client choosing a parent relay (or root server) other than their desired parent relay.
- Activate client debug logging on one of the the test endpoints
- Take action on Task # 201 - Force BES Clients to Run Relay Autoselection in the BES Support site.
- Wait for the problem to reproduce itself (the client does not select the desired relay and fails over to the root server or an undesired relay)
- Collect client diagnostics from the test endpoint machine.
- Disable client debug logging on the test endpoint machine.
- Upload the data collected to your PMR