Attempts to add a Private Google Calendar to a Notes Calendar fails with error "Must be a calendar user to use Google Calendar private feeds"
When you attempt to add a Private Google Calendar, to your Notes Calendar, the following error occurs: "Must be a calendar user to use Google Calendar private feeds".
As of November 17, 2014, Google shut down its Calendar APIs (v1, v2), and are now using only v3. More information about the announcement can be found at
Resolving the problem
This issue is tracked as SPR# IFAY9QZGKG and is fixed in Notes 9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 Interim Fix 1. IBM is also working on including a fix for this issue in an upcoming Interim Fix for Notes 8.5.3 Fix Pack 6. Please monitor this technote for updates.
You can add your Private Google Calendar as an iCalendar feed:
1. From Google, open your Google calendar.
2. Click on the arrow next to your calendar name and select "Calendar settings":
3. In the Private address section, select ICAL:
4. Copy the link.
5. In Notes, go to Add a Calendar and select "iCalendar feed". Paste in the Private URL from Google. Be sure to also include a label, User name and Password.
* Note: After adding the Google Calendar, to refresh the Notes Calendar view with new Google entries, you must close and then reopen the calendar. Restarting Notes also automatically refreshes the calendar.
More support for:
Calendaring and Scheduling
Software version: 8.5.2, 8.5.3, 9.0, 9.0.1
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1690894
Modified date: 20 February 2015