IBM Connections 4.5 CR5: Restoring Sonata and Waltz files after updating FileNet Content Engine
When installing a FileNet Content Engine Server and Client interim fix or fix packs such as 126.96.36.199 Interim Fix 3 (IF003) important Waltz and Sonata files can be overwritten. This will cause the loss of important fixes and potentially generate failures.
Operations that were previously working are failing after applying FileNet CE v188.8.131.52 IF003 such as losing the ability to add a library to a community after CE has been running for twelve hours
FileNet CE fix packs and/or interim fixes such as 184.108.40.206 IF003 will overwrite important Waltz and Sonata Waltz files when installed.
Resolving the problem
How to verify what version of the Waltz.jar is installed:
1. Navigate to the directory where the Waltz.jar for the FileNet CE server is installed:
2. Open the Waltz.jar file
3. Navigate to the Meta-INF directory
4. Open the file MANIFEST.MF
5. The IC4.5 CR5 should contain the following:
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0
Created-By: IBM Corp.
Copyright-info: Copyright IBM Corp. 2002, 2014 All Rights Reserved.
Specification-Vendor: IBM Corp.
Implementation-Version: [SNB4.5_CR] 20140710-1106
Implementation-Vendor: IBM Corp.
Restoring the files:
The following procedure will restore the IC4.5 CR5 Waltz and Sonata files that were overwritten by the FileNet CE update.
1. In WebSphere Application Server administrative console, navigate to WebSphere Enterprise Applications.
2. Select the FileNetEngine application.
3. Click Update.
4. For Application update options, select the Replace, add, or delete multiple files option.
5. Select local file system if you are running the browser on the Deployment Manager node, and then locate the <connections_root>/ccm/ccm/ccm/waltz-patch/waltz-patch.zip file.
Note: If the browser is not running on the Deployment Manager (DM) node, then select remote file system and choose the DM file system, locating the <connections_root>/ccm/ccm/ccm/waltz-patch/waltz-patch.zip file.
6. Click Next and OK to update the application.
7. In WebSphere Application Server administrative console, click System Administration > Nodes.
8. Select the check boxes for all the application server nodes (CE was deployed) and click Full Re-synchronize.
9. Restart FileNetEngine application.
Translate this page: