Sametime 9 Video Manager - A/V call fails due to default root certificate expires in one year
The default root certificate of the Sametime Video Manager expires in 1 year, so calls placed after the certificate expires will fail.
Audio/video calls fail and users see a dial failure with the following message: Dial Failure : AVKCS2200E: Failure Response 503
The Video Manager certificate is imported to the Sametime System Console for SSL communications between the Sametime Conference Manager and the Sametime Video Manager, and between the System Console administration pages and the Video Manager.
Resolving the problem
The expired certificate is renewed automatically by WebSphere Application Server; importing the renewed certificate to the Sametime System Console resolves the issue. But the renewed certificate will also expire in one year.
To avoid the need for annual renewal, complete the following steps to create a certificate that expires in 15 years:
1. On the Sametime Video Manager, log in to the WebSphere Integrated Solutions Console as the WebSphere administrator.
2. Click SSL certificate and key management > Key stores and certificates > NodeVMGRKeyStore > Personal certificates.
3. Click the Import button.
4. On the "Import" page, fill in following details,
Key store: NodeDefaultKeyStore
Key store password: WebAS (this is the default password)
Certificate alias to import: default
Imported certificate alias: default
5. Click OK.
6. Back in the navigation tree, click SSL certificate and key management > Key stores and certificates > NodeVMGRKeyStore > Personal certificates.
7. Select the certificate with the "appserver" alias, and click the Replace button.
8. On the "Replace" page, fill in the following details:
Replace With: default
Select both the Delete options.
9. Click OK.
10. Restart the Video Manager server.
11. Import the new certificate to the Sametime System Console from the Video Manager as described in the topic, Import the Video Manager's certificate to the Conference Manager.
12. Perform a Full Synchronization.
13. Restart the Sametime Conference Manager.
14. If you have clustered the Video Manager, repeat steps 1-13 on all the nodes, and each time, import the new certificate to all other Video Manager nodes. Refer the following topic, Exchanging certificates between nodes in a Video Manager server farm, for details.