Security Bulletin: Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence affected by OpenSSL vulnerability (CVE-2014-0224)
A security vulnerability has been discovered in OpenSSL (shipped with the IBM Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence (RRDI)) that was reported on June 5, 2014 by the OpenSSL Project. A newer version of this library in made available for resolving this vulnerability.
|Subscribe to My Notifications to be notified of important product support alerts like this.
CVE ID: CVE-2014-0224
Description: OpenSSL is vulnerable to a man-in-the-middle attack, caused by the use of weak keying material in SSL/TLS clients and servers. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted handshake to conduct man-in-the-middle attacks to decrypt and modify traffic.
CVSS Base Score: 5.8
CVSS Temporal Score: See http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/93586 for the current score
CVSS Environmental Score*: Undefined
CVSS Vector: (AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:P/I:P/A:N)
Affected Products and Versions
RRDI 1.0.2, 188.8.131.52, 2.0, 184.108.40.206, 2.0.1, 2.0.3, 2.0.4, 2.0.5, 2.0.6 and 5.0
Apply the recommended fixes to all affected versions of RRDI as soon as practical.
RRDI 1.0.2 and 220.127.116.11
- Download and install the Cognos Business Intelligence 8.4.1 Interim Fix 6. Review document 4037867: Cognos Business Intelligence 8.4.1 interim fixes address a security vulnerability for the detailed instructions.
RRDI 2.0, 18.104.22.168, 2.0.1, 2.0.3 and 2.0.4
- Download and install the Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1.1 Interim Fix 7. Review document 4037974: Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1.x interim fixes address a security vulnerability for the detailed instructions.
Note: The Cognos fix package is installed into the cognos subdirectory of the Insight installation.
RRDI 2.0.5, 2.0.6 and 5.0
- Download and install Cognos Business Intelligence 10.2.1 Interim Fix 6. Review document 4037870: Cognos Business Intelligence 10.2.x interim fixes address a security vulnerability for the detailed instructions.
Note: The Cognos fix package is installed into the cognos subdirectory of the RRDI installation.
Workarounds and Mitigations
Get Notified about Future Security Bulletins
* 21 July 2014: Revised with new patch information for some releases.
* 14 July 2014: Original copy published
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Security Bulletin.
According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
More support for:
Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence
Software version: 1.0.2, 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.3, 2.0.4, 2.0.5, 2.0.6, 5.0
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Windows
Reference #: 1676543
Modified date: 06 December 2014
Translate this page: