Collecting Data: Mobile Portal Accelerator (MPA) for WebSphere Portal
Collecting troubleshooting data for Mobile Portal Accelerator (MPA) issues with IBM® WebSphere® Portal expedites time to resolution by enabling IBM Support to provide informed problem analysis
If you have already contacted IBM Support and must collect data to determine the nature of a problem in WebSphere Portal, review the information below to collect the appropriate data. Otherwise, review Collecting Data: Read first for WebSphere Portal.
Use the following instructions for manually collecting the necessary information.
1) Please provide us the versionInfo.log file from the <wp_profile_home>/PortalServer/log directory.
2) What Operation System (OS) and database one are you using with the WebSphere Portal server?
3) What type of device(s) is the issue occurring on?
4) What type of device repository (MPTK) is being used (Ex. db or xml repository).
5) Enable the following traces :
Recreate the issue once and capture all the log files from <wp_profile_home>/logs directory.
Collecting and submitting logs and configuration data
Send the files to IBM Support by using the instructions outlined in Exchanging information with IBM Technical Support for problem determination.
Note: When sending in logs for review, include any relevant screenshots, timestamps, userIds, etc. in order to expedite analysis of the issue.
More support for:
Software version: 7.0, 8.0, 8.5
Operating system(s): AIX, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Reference #: 1673323
Modified date: 22 April 2015
Translate this page: