The IBM® Support Assistant Team Server 5.0.1 (Fix Pack 1) is now available for installation. This update contains several new enhancements and minor bug fixes to address errors and usability.
Below is a list of highlights and installation directions for IBM Support Assistant Team Server 5.0.1 (Fix Pack 1). For more details on the changes in this Fix pack please visit the "IBM Support Assistant Team Server (Fix Pack 1)" developerWorks blog.
|System Requirement Updates|
- With the introduction of Fix Pack 1 for IBM Support Assistant Team Server, we have removed support for Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 17 ESR browsers.
- New ability to upload case files directly to IBM Support PMRs from the IBM Support Assistant Team Server user interface. This commonly requested feature is available from the context menu in the Files tab (Transfer > Secure transfer to IBM)
- Uploading files to IBM Support Assistant Team Sever now handles files exceeding 2 GB in size, multiple uploads, and pause/resume capabilities. Note: This feature only works with newer browsers.
- IBM Support Assistant Team Server now provides "Latest News" to keep you up to date with the latest information about IBM Support Assistant and problem determination tools. See the 'i' information icon in the application banner to access the latest news.
- Desktop tools provide new parameters which allow you to customize the minimum and maximum heap sizes.
- New screen shot support for Problem Determination tools in IBM Support Assistant Team Server so that you can get a better idea of the tool user interface.
- IBM Support Assistant Team Server provides support for additional types of problem determination tools. These provide bookmarks to tools which are hosted or downloadable outside of IBM Support Assistant, as well as providing update site locations for Eclipse plug-in tools.
- Several bug fixes and usability improvements.
- Restriction for installing IBM Support Assistant Team Server on C:/ Drive on Windows systems has now been lifted. Users may now install on drives other than C:/.
- The restriction on the number of cases has now been lifted. Users are no longer restricted to 9999 cases.
- Fix for issue with retrieving cases
- Fix for start / stop program shortcuts on Linux
- Fix for start program shortcut closing in Windows
- Additional miscellaneous bug fixes to address errors and usability.
|Applying Fix Pack|
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- Select Update from the IBM Installation Manager panel.
- Select the IBM Support Assistant package group, then click Next.
- Select the package and version you would like to update, then click Next. Read and accept the license terms then click Next.
- Confirm the problem determination tool or update you want to apply, then click Next.
- Review the update summary and click Update.
- After the update completes, click Finish and close IBM Installation Manager.