IBM Notes 9.0.1 and 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 fail to install on Ubuntu 14.04 32-bit LTS
Notes 9.0.1 and 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 has dependencies on some packages which have been deprecated in Ubuntu 14.04 32-bit LTS, so GUI installation and Command line installations will always fail.
How can they be installed and when will Ubuntu 14.04 32-bit LTS be certified? This document provides steps to work around this issue and successfully install on Ubuntu 14.04 32-bit. Ubuntu 14.04 32-bit will be certified in a upcoming Fix Pack.
Resolving the problem
|Notes 9.0.1 Install Guide for Ubuntu 14.04 32-bit LTS|
Download Notes 9.0.1 installation package, launch Linux shell window and go to the directory of Notes 9.0.1 installation package, then execute following commands to correct those packages which have been deprecated in Ubuntu 14.04:
- sudo dpkg -X ibm-notes-9.0.1.i586.deb ./notes
- sudo dpkg -e ibm-notes-9.0.1.i586.deb ./notes/DEBIAN
- edit decency info from ./notes/DEBIAN/control -- change libcupsys2 to libcups2
- sudo dpkg -b notes ibm-notes-9.0.1.i586.deb
GUI install on Ubuntu 14.04 doesn't work due to Ubuntu defect ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-identity-provider/+bug/1306379), the end user needs to install Notes via command line. )
(II). Install Notes via Command line.
* Step 1~6 are only required before your install Notes on Ubuntu 14.04 at first time, as Notes client has dependencies on some deprecated packages.
1. sudo apt-get install libbonobo2-0
2. sudo apt-get install libbonoboui2-0
3. sudo apt-get install libgconf2-4
4. sudo apt-get install libgnome-desktop-2-17
5. sudo apt-get install libgnomeui-0
6. sudo apt-get install libjpeg62
* Step 7~11 are standard steps to install Notes product on Ubuntu 14.04
7. sudo dpkg -i ibm-notes-9.0.1.i586.deb
8. sudo dpkg -i ibm-activities-9.0.1.i586.deb
9. sudo dpkg -i ibm-sametime-9.0.1.i586.deb
10. sudo dpkg -i ibm-opensocial-9.0.1.i586.deb
11. sudo dpkg -i ibm-feedreader-9.0.1.i586.deb
|Notes 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Install Guide for Ubuntu 14.04 32-bit LTS|
Notes 9.0.1 GM should be installed and FP1 installation package is available
(I). Install Notes 9.0.1 FP1 via GUI.
GUI install on Ubuntu 14.04 doesn't work due to defect (https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-identity-provider/+bug/1306379), the end user needs to install Notes via command line.
(II). Install Notes 9.0.1 FP1 via Command line.
Execute the install script in package by following command:
Translate this page: