Using list view to view a form on CQ web, the Parent/Child list box buttons may reference the wrong list box
Attempts to use list views to view a form from IBM Rational ClearQuest (CQ) web results in the Parent / Child list box button referencing the wrong list box.
The titled issue can happen if you have two Parent/Child list boxes on separate tabs on a record type's form.
Assume the source field of the front tab's list box is Field1 and it references RecordType1.
The other list box's source field is Field2 and it references to RecordType2.
In the situation above, when you use list views to view a form on CQ web, clicking the new or add buttons of the Field2's list box, can result in a new reference to RecordType1 instead of RecordType2 as was expected.
This is a product defect.
The cause is that the ids of the two list boxes are the same if they weren't explicitly named otherwise in the ClearQuest designer. When in the tabbed View form, the two list boxes are separated by tabs and this issue does not occur. In the list view form, they are not separated and the new and add buttons of Field2 reference to incorrect tab's list box which is Field1.
Resolving the problem
Use the windows native ClearQuest designer (cqdesign.exe).
- Check out the schema and change the ids of each of the list boxes to be unique to the form.
- Right click the list box, choose property and click the Extended tab.
- Change the value of List View ID to be unique.
- Change the Associated Component value of the list box's buttons to be the same as the new List View ID.
- Check in the schema
- Update the related user databases for the fix to take effect.
More support for:
Web Client (7.1)
Software version: 7.1.2, 8.0, 220.127.116.11, 8.0.1
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Software edition: Multisite, UNIX
Reference #: 1670547
Modified date: 18 April 2014