Installation or upgrade fails with wrong MD5 error
Attempts to install or upgrade IBM Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence (RRDI) results in wrong MD5 error for com.ibm.rational.rrdi.install.custom.properties.
IBM Installation Manager will fail complete the install or upgrade with a wrong MD5 error.
The repository used for the installation was previously containing a corrupted/old extract of the RRDI repository, even after replacing it with a correct extract some incorrect information was still cached.
Resolving the problem
To resolve the error :
- Remove the current RRDI repository connection in Installation Manager
- Stop Installation Manager
- Rename the folder containing the RRDI repository
- Launch Installation Manager
- Create a new repository connection to the RRDI repository
- Disable all other repository connections
- Start a new installation or upgrade
The Jazz based products have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.