Dynamic Query Analyzer is unable to load logs via URL
When attempting to open remote Dynamic Query logging for analysis, Dynamic Query Analyzer is unable to list the remote logs URL content.
When applying changes in the Logs section of the Preferences window in Dynamic Query Analyzer, users are presented with the warning:
Logs URI http://server.domain.com/DQLogs has no content.
Do you wish to save anyways?
A 404 error is returned when browsing any specific logs listed under the Dynamic Query logging alias.
Request Filtering in Microsoft Internet Information Services is preventing access to directories with spaces.
Resolving the problem
Using the Microsoft IIS Administration UI
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- In the Connections panel, locate the Dynamic Query logging alias in the tree and select it, e.g.: Default Website -> ibmcognos -> DQLogs
- In the main panel, double click the Request Filtering option.
- In the Actions panel, click Edit Feature Settings.
- Under the general section, ensure "Allow double escaping" is checked.
- Click OK
More support for:
Cognos Business Intelligence
Dynamic Query Analyzer
Software version: 10.2.1
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Reference #: 1665810
Modified date: 30 June 2014
Translate this page: