IPv4 instead of IPv6 is used to communicate between server and database server
Attempts to connect to the database using IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) products when IP address in database connection string is in version 6 causes using IPv4.
Steps to reproduce:
- Set up connection string in CLM application such as IBM Jazz Team Server (JTS), IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) or IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM) to use IPv6. Here is example connection string:
- Start Wireshark tool to overhear connection between CLM and database server.
The connection goes through IPv6.
The connection goes through IPv4.
CLM Applications are Java applications. In Java applications the communication goes through IPv4 as default.
IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) as an application server.
Resolving the problem
- Log in to WAS console.
- Click Servers > Server Types > WebSphere application servers > Server1.
- Click Java and Process Management > Process definition.
- Click Java Virtual Machine under Additional Properties.
- Add following line in the Generic JVM arguments field:
- Restart WAS profile.
|Software Development||Rational Quality Manager||Web App Server||Linux, Windows||126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.3, 4.0.4, 4.0.5, 4.0.6, 5.0||Standard|
More support for:
Rational Team Concert
Software version: 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.3, 4.0.4, 4.0.5, 4.0.6, 5.0
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Reference #: 1662521
Modified date: 17 July 2014
Translate this page: