Attempts to start IBM Rational License Key Server Admin Agent results in the error "The Server is unreachable, specify the server on which the agent is running" while using IBM Installation Manager 1.7 on agent machines.
While trying to test connectivity / Add server, gives a error message:
The Server is unreachable, specify the server on which the agent is running
Click image to enlarge:
Installing Admin Agent using Installation Manager 1.7 or higher, wipes out the data in rclagentconf.properties file which leads to the agent not having the data to point to Admin & Reporting Tool- Admin Server.
Diagnosing the problem
Verify the issue:
- Navigate to the installation directory of Admin Agent
- Navigate to rclagentconf.properties located within RLKSAdminAgent > servers > rclagent > conf > rclagent
- The following required fields will be empty:
Resolving the problem
- Open the rclagentconf.properties located within RLKSAdminAgent > servers > rclagent > conf > rclagent
- Set Values for each of the required fields
- Save the file
- Stop and Start Admin agent again
- Connect to Admin & Reporting Tool Server