"The remote server returned an error: (599)" when click "Test" in Controller Configuration, caused by invalid security credentials
Administrator launches Controller Configuration, and opens section 'Report Server'. Administrator clicks 'test' button, but receives error.
Invalid Report server URI
The remote server returned an error: (599).
There are several possible causes for an "Invalid Report server URI" error.
- See separate IBM Technotes for more examples.
This Technote specifically relates to the scenario where the error message includes the value " 599".
- Again there are several possible causes for this message. See separate IBM Technote #1701928 for more examples.
This Technote specifically relates to the scenario where the cause is that the administrator is logged onto Windows (on the Controller application server) using a Windows username which is not a member of either of the Cognos CAM security groups "Controller Users" or "Controller Administrators".
Both of the following are true:
- Controller configured to use Cognos CAM (non-native) security
- Controller subsystem configured to use SSO (single sign on) so that the user is not prompted to logon to Cognos security when Controller Configuration/Report Server section is opened.
Resolving the problem
Logon to the Controller application server using a Windows username which is a member of the Cognos CAM security group "Controller Administrators".
- Launch Cognos Connection (http://servername/ibmcognos)
- Browse to locate the security namespace 'Cognos'
- Open the group 'Controller Administrators', and look at its members. Chose a suitable user to use (inside here)
- Logoff from Windows
- Logon to Windows using the user discovered in step 3
- Launch Controller Configuration