Beginning January 1st, 2014 the preferred method for all IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management (MDM) clients interested in entering new Request for Enhancements (RFEs) will be through the Information Management RFE community.
What is the IBM Information Management RFE Community?
The IBM Information Management (IM) RFE Community is a place where you can collaborate with the MDM development teams and other product users through your ability to search, view, comment on, submit and track product requests for enhancement (RFEs).
Please refrain from contacting the Master Data Management (MDM) Support teams as they will redirect you to the IM RFE Community.
The community acts as a front-end database bridged to the back-end using Rational Team Concert (RTC). New submissions, user comments, status changes and developer comments are bridged between the MDM RFE Community and the RTC. The bridge to RTC allows our development teams to work with the process and tools they are most comfortable with, while allowing our clients to collaborate in an open community environment.
I. How will this change help You?
Using the IBM IM RFE Community as the preferred method for RFE submission will:
- Eliminate Multiple Touch Points that slow down communication in the RFE process.
- Increase the Transparency in the Development process for you.
- Provide Predictable Response Times for feature requests. Master Data Management Software will strive to communicate both an initial assessment and a disposition for client RFEs within 90 days of submission.
- Empower you to Influence IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management product direction and road maps as well as breakdown barriers between end-users and development.
- Provide a better tool for you to Review other RFE ideas on the same product and cast a vote for their favorites.
II. Some Popular Features of the Information Management RFE Community
- On-line Submission of RFEs
- Browse RFEs by product
- Online Searching for RFEs
- Vote on RFEs
- Watch RFEs
- Set Email or RSS feed notifications
- Comment on RFEs
- Start or Join a group to discuss RFEs
III. Benefits of the RFE Community
Clients using the MDM Software products are encouraged to use the RFE Community Portal to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Avoids the need to open a support ticked (PMR) with Master Data Management Client Support for a simple enhancement request*.
- Avoids the need to call Master Data Management Client Support to determine the status of a given RFE
- Provides the ability to comment on and provide workarounds for RFEs created by other clients - as well as see comments provided by other clients.
IV. Important Links
- Information Management Community home page
- Information Management Community FAQ page - See Help Section of the Information Management RFE Community
- RFE status values and definitions - See Help Section of Information Management RFE Community
- Contact the Information Management Community team