A cumulative hotfix for Sametime Proxy 9.0 is available. This improves performance for large buddy lists in IE8 and improves web client failover.
Prerequisite: The Sametime System Console must be at version 9.0. If not, then you will see a failure message during the fix install noting an incorrect version level.
To install this fix on a Sametime Proxy Server node, follow these steps:
- Download the fix ST-Proxy-FP-CKEY-9GGL48 from IBM Fix Central.
- Copy the file you downloaded onto the Sametime Proxy Server.
- Unzip the file on the server file system.
- Apply the fix by running the appropriate steps below on the Sametime Proxy Server:
- Launch the Installation Manager
- Select File -> Preferences
- Disable the automatic web update search to allow the installation to run successfully.
Clear Search service repositories during installation and updates and click OK.
- Choose Add Repository
- In the Browse field, enter location of the repository.config file unzipped earlier
- Select OK
- In the main Installation Manager window, choose Update
- Select the IBM Sametime Server Platform package group
- Enter the WebSphere wasadmin user credentials for the Sametime Proxy Server and then click Validate
- Enter the Sametime System Console server details, and WebSphere wasadmin credentials
5. Follow the instructions on the screen until the installation completes
NOTE: If you are running a multi-node (cluster) configuration, then repeat these instructions on each node.
Change list included in this hotfix:
- Failover Improvements for Sametime Mobile
- AutoAway for web client users (IE and Chrome on Windows)
- Fixed potential XSS issue
- Fixed WebKit console reference error when running in debug mode
- Sametime Contact List Portlet updated to work with ST9
- Improved loading time for large buddy lists in IE8
- Fixed memory leak in UserInfoService
- Fixed issue with Meetings presence awareness after session expiry
- Fixed issue with wrong contact list / chat window showing on shared device
- Updated AutoAway extension description for Google Chrome
- Improvements to web client failover
- Fixed "Bring Window To Front" behaviour
- Fixed contact list rendering issues
- Fixed emoticon display issue
This fix also supersedes http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21654622 and contains it.