Cumulative Hotfix for Sametime Proxy 9.0 - 3rd April 2014
A cumulative hotfix for Sametime Proxy 9.0 is available. This includes multiple fixes to the web and mobile client, and allows wildcards in the quick find search
Prerequisite: The Sametime System Console must be at version 9.0. If not, then you will see a failure message during the fix install noting an incorrect version level.
To install this fix on a Sametime Proxy Server node, follow these steps:
- Download the fix 9001-ST-Proxy-FP-AGRE-9HQH95 from IBM Fix Central.
- Copy the file you downloaded onto the Sametime Proxy Server.
- Unzip the file on the server file system.
- Apply the fix by running the appropriate steps below on the Sametime Proxy Server:
- Launch the Installation Manager
- Select File -> Preferences
- Disable the automatic web update search to allow the installation to run successfully.
Clear Search service repositories during installation and updates and click OK.
- Choose Add Repository
- In the Browse field, enter location of the repository.config file unzipped earlier
- Select OK
- In the main Installation Manager window, choose Update
- Select the IBM Sametime Server Platform package group
- Enter the WebSphere wasadmin user credentials for the Sametime Proxy Server and then click Validate
- Enter the Sametime System Console server details, and WebSphere wasadmin credentials
5. Follow the instructions on the screen until the installation completes
NOTE: If you are running a multi-node (cluster) configuration, then repeat these instructions on each node.
New changes in this hotfix:
- Added timeout to validation of push service connectivity to prevent login failure for mobile devices
- Improvements to cluster failover handling
- Improved error messages for file transfer in Internet Explorer
- Fixed A/V capability updates for mobile devices returning from background mode
- Fixed display of long strings in business card
- Fixed layout issue with quick find results and contact list in iNotes
- Improved logout handling when integrated with Sametime Meetings
- Fixed issue sending file transfer to a guest user when in a Sametime Meeting
- Fixed issue sending screen capture to an anonymous user
- Improved mobile web client integration
- Allow wildcards in quick find search
- Improvements for accessibility
- Security update for file transfer
- Performance improvements
- Security update to prevent a potential XSS issue
- Fixed UI issues with the Sametime contact list portlet in IBM WebSphere Portal
Contains all changes from previous hotfix:
- Fixed potential XSS issue
- Fixed WebKit console reference error when running in debug mode
- Sametime Contact List Portlet updated to work with ST9
- Improved loading time for large buddy lists in IE8
- Fixed memory leak in UserInfoService
- Fixed issue with Meetings presence awareness after session expiry
- Fixed issue with wrong contact list / chat window showing on shared device
- Updated AutoAway extension description for Google Chrome
- Improvements to web client failover
- Fixed "Bring Window To Front" behaviour
- Fixed contact list rendering issues
- Fixed emoticon display issue
Note: This cumulative hotfix also includes all previous changes from previous hotfixes.
More support for:
Sametime Proxy Server and Web Client
Software version: 9.0
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1660269
Modified date: 2016-03-14