If the IBM Content Navigator application URL is opened within a frame in a web page, it's possible for the frame to record user input, potentially capturing sensitive information like login credentials.
The IBM Content Navigator application URL can be opened within a frame in a web page. In this context it is possible for the containing parent frame to record user input to the contained frame, capturing sensitive information like login credentials. The attack requires that a user be tricked into opening a page provided by an attacker.
CVSS Base Score: 4.3
CVSS Temporal Score: See http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/88358 for the current score
CVSS Environmental Score*: Undefined
CVSS Vector: (AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:N/I:P/A:N)
Affected Products and Versions
IBM Content Navigator 2.0.0, 2.0.1, and 2.0.2
IBM Content Navigator is a component that is available to customers in these products (and the products that contain them):
· IBM Content Manager
· IBM FileNet Content Manager
· IBM Content Foundation
· IBM Content Manager OnDemand
First, update the IBM Content Navigator installation:
- Version 2.0.0: Upgrade to IBM Content Navigator version 2.0.2 and apply fix pack 184.108.40.206-ICN-FP001
- Version 2.0.1: Apply fix pack 220.127.116.11-ICN-FP002
- Version 2.0.2: Apply fix pack 18.104.22.168-ICN-FP001
- Run the "Build the Web Application" task to build the IBM Content Navigator web application EAR file.
- Run the "Deploy the Web Application" task to deploy IBM Content Navigator.
Enable the protection against clickjacking by changing the following line near the top of the file:
boolean allowInFrame = true;
boolean allowInFrame = false;
2. In the IBM Content Navigator Configuration and Deployment Tool:
Workarounds and Mitigations
None known, apply fixes
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Security Bulletin.
According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.