Install Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1 Interim Fixes for Security Exposure to resolve security vulnerabilities in Rational Insight 1.1 - Oracle CPU June 2013
Install Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1 Interim Fixes for Security Exposure to resolve security vulnerabilities in Rational Insight 1.1. These security vulnerabilities are related to the Oracle Critical Patch Updates (CPU) June 2013.
Note: The following steps assume that your WAS profile is named "RationalReport". Make appropriate adjustments to the steps if it is named differently.
- Verify that you have installed the Cognos 10.1.1 hotfix that was included in Rational Insight 1.1. Review technote 1572859: Install IBM Cognos 10 BI 10.1.1 hotfix for IBM Rational Insight 1.1.
- If you have set up a distributed ETL server, stop the RationalReport WAS profile on the ETL server.
- Stop the RationalReport WAS profile on the report server.
- Download IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1 Interim Fixes for Security Exposure for your platform and unzip its content to a local directory on the report server, for example <CognosPatchDir>
Note: For Rational Insight 1.1, only download the patch for 32-bit Windows or Linux.
- Navigate to <CognosPatchDir> and start the installation wizard:
- For Windows, run <CognosPatchDir>\win32\issetup.exe
- For Linux, run <CognosPatchDir>/linuxi38632/issetup
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard and install the patch to the <InsightInstallDir>/cognos directory.
- Delete <InsightInstallDir>/cognos/p2pd.ear.
- Open a command prompt or terminal window and navigate to <InsightInstallDir>/cognos/war/p2pd.
For example, on Windows, navigate to C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational Insight\cognos\war\p2pd.
- Run the following command to rebuild the <InsightInstallDir>/cognos/p2pd.ear file:
build -Dcontext_root=reporting ear
Note: If you had specified "insight" as the Web application root context when you installed or upgraded to Rational Insight 1.1, run the following command instead:
build -Dcontext_root=insight ear
- Start the RationalReport WAS profile on the report server.
- Perform the following steps to update the IBM Cognos Web application on the report server by redeploying the <InsightInstallDir>/cognos/p2pd.ear file:
- Start the WebSphere Administrative Console associated with the RationalReport profile.
- Log on and navigate to Applications > Application Types > WebSphere enterprise applications.
- Select the IBM Cognos checkbox, click Uninstall and click OK.
- Click Save to save the changes.
- Click Install to install a new Web application.
- Click Browse, select <InsightInstallDir>/cognos/p2pd.ear file and click Next.
- Click Next repeatedly to advance to the Summary wizard page.
- Click Finish.
- Click Save to the save the changes.
- Log out and exit the WebSphere Administrative Console.
- Restart the RationalReport WAS profile on the report server.
- If you have set up a distributed ETL server, repeat steps 4 to 12 on the ETL server.
Note: Substitute "report server" with "ETL server" in the above steps.