"Cryptography ... CAM-CRP-1132 ... The HTTP result code '500' was returned from the server" error when trying to save 'Cognos Configuration' for TM1 10
User launches "Cognos Configuration" (for TM1) and makes some changes. User tries to save the changes. An error appears.
[ ERROR ] CAM-CRP-1132 An error occurred while attempting to request a certificate from the Certificate Authority service. Unable to connect to the Certificate Authority service. Ensure that the Content Manager computer is configured and that the IBM Cognos services on it are currently running. The HTTP result code '500' was returned from the server.
[ ERROR ] CAM-CRP-1132 An error occurred while attempting to request a certificate from the Certificate Authority service. The Certificate Authority service returned the following error: CAM-CRP-1039 Unable to generate a new certificate. An error occurred when the certificate authority Serial Number was updated. Reason: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Program Files\Cognos\C102x64GA\configuration\caSerial (Access is denied.)
Cognos Configuration (for TM1) is mistakenly trying to use the cryptographic information from the Content Manager of the Cognos BI 10 installation.
- This is because Cognos BI has been installed onto the same server.
TM1 server is installed on the same device as Cognos BI.
Diagnosing the problem
Inside the error message Example #2, notice how the path refers to a file in the Cognos BI installation (despite the user trying to save changes inside Cognos Configuration for TM1).
Resolving the problem
Modify Cognos Configuration (for TM1) so that it uses its own cryptographic information (from the TM1 10 installation).
1. Launch 'Cognos Configuration' for TM1
2. In the left-hand pane, select the top level node "Local Configuration".
3. In the right-hand pane, click the button [Edit] to the right of the property "Advanced Properties".
4. A dialog box opens, which is labelled "Value - Advanced properties".
Add the following property:
- Name: StandaloneCertificateAuthority
- Value: True
5. Click the button [OK] to close the dialog box.
6. Save changes/test.
Translate this page: